The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development A new video for PAX west

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Goznik
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 119

It has some cool stuff which is new to players that didn’t pledge for 90+$.

Overload

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 122

I saw that people just yawn and I agree with them.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

If you don’t like this game, then why are you here?

Prepare for Overload…

Goznik
    Kickstarter Backer

I guess you’re talking about another video.
    this one:

It’s embarrassing seeing that kid yawning.
    But why do you find it boring?
    I guess you are here because you loved Descent, isn’t it a a worthy successor?

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

I think it’s important to understand why we yawn before we start judging this kid as being bored or tired or unimpressed or something like that.

https://classic.startpage.com/do/search?query=why+do+we+yawn

Prepare for Overload…

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer

If you don’t like this game, then why are you here?

That’s no excuse, TwoCables.

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer

this one:

<iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/CHh5lx-rnl4?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”” id=”fitvid0″></iframe>

I think it is too early to criticize.

Add: OK.

1. Cockpit style of No Man’s Sky I do not like. This is not Descent. Better modernized old cockpit Descent or cockpit Descent 3 or this cockpit for example http://savepic.ru/11332049.jpg (color)

2. Control identical in Descent, but very buggy in my opinion

3. No textures, this is understandable, though for the exhibition could be done a little bit.

So in brief.

papersailboatpapersailboat
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 70

With all the gushing praise coming from lifelong fans, it is always interesting to see another perspective on Descent/Overload.

This may seem like a silly question, but do you use a joystick Sigma? Maybe some of the control issues you are concerned about are relating to the feel of the joystick/gamepad/controller you’re using. That being said, what is your idea of a good feeling 6dof game?

Regarding the cockpit, there will definitely be a revamped cockpit in a later build. I’ve seen a short clip of one of their WIP cockpits and it looks pretty cool IMO

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer

Joystick I certainly have. But in Descent I only play on mouse+KB. I have no problems in any Descent, including any mods, but in Overload control buggy.

PyroJockey
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 63

I for one would like to know where I can order a cool t-shirt like the ones in the video, except with “BACKER” in place of “DEVELOPER”.

As for yawing boy, perhaps the poor kid was up past his bedtime the previous night playing Mario Cart?

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow stuff up.

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer

Yes, he felicitously appeared in the frame )))))))

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

this one:

<iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/CHh5lx-rnl4?feature=oembed” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”” id=”fitvid0″></iframe>

1. Cockpit style of No Man’s Sky I do not like. This is not Descent. Better modernized old cockpit Descent or cockpit Descent 3 or this cockpit for example http://savepic.ru/11332049.jpg (color)

3. No textures, this is understandable, though for the exhibition could be done a little bit.

So in brief.

It’s not supposed to be Descent. It’s supposed to be Overload. It’s just a spiritual successor to Descent. That’s all. Don’t expect it to actually be Descent.

As you said, it’s way too early to judge. Are you at the $90 level or above? Or are you only going by the final build of the Playable Teaser?

Regardless, I think you’re being way too critical. You’re better off just waiting until they finish. Just, give them time. They still have 6 months until their goal of March 2017!

I’m telling you, you will love the finished product. Just, stop expecting this to be Descent. It’s Overload, a spiritual successor to Descent.

Prepare for Overload…

Goznik
    Kickstarter Backer

1. I guess its an issue of taste, I do like the cockpit they showed so far in Overload and I dont really like the one you showed. Sadly I also dont like the one the have in D:U

2. I play with keyboard only and it actually feels great to me, again, sadly in D:U it feel really buggy to me.

3. Yea I agree with you there, I think we need way more detail, in texture and 3d-details like pipes n’ stuff, but as you said, its too early, I believe they will improve greatly in that issue.

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer

TwoCables, as I said before, these guys can not do a bad remake. Whatever they do, this is will be Descent anyway. That fine. Anyway. If this happens a bit more modern, e.g. like Star Citizen, it will be even more great.

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer

WOW, Goznik, only KB even in MP? 🙂 Of course, this version of the cockpit just one example, has nothing to do with D:U if you switch on your fantasy

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: August 25, 2016: Week 16 Next Topic: Who made all of the sound effects for the Playable Teaser?