The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Other Games Amid Evil

RSS Feed

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  williamk-arrieta 19 Nov 2018 @ 5:27am.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Miasmic
    Miasmic
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 59

Dudes and Dudettes,

Are you aware of Amid Evil? http://store.steampowered.com/app/673130/AMID_EVIL/
    Has this been on anyone’s radar? I just picked it up today and it is so damn fun. Movement feels excellent. The weapons are awesome (I mean, you can shoot f’ing planets/stars with the “Celestial Claw”). Combat feels great. Enemy design is sweet. The worlds (atmospheres) are cool. Level design is outstanding. The music is sick. Performance is rock solid. In their words, its “optimized to run on a toaster (a pretty nice toaster)” lol. Really don’t feel I need to say too much more. If you like what you see, you won’t be disappointed. The $20 asking price is more than fair in my opinion.

Figured I’d share. Enjoy 😉

Yinut
    Yinut
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 55

Actually heard about it yesterday, it looks really nice. I really liked Heretic back in the day, which this seems to be based on.

Miasmic
    Miasmic
    Kickstarter Backer

Yea, I never played Heretic, but a lot of people are making that comparison. Seems, to me, to be a mix of Heretic/Hexen, UT, and Quake. The episodes are all themed completely differently with different level design, enemy types, and boss for each. There are 3 (of 7) available right now – 4 levels per episode, along with Hordes of Evil, which is a wave based last as long as ya can mode (leaderboards for it are incoming).

I’m really enjoying it. Plus, the Dev’s seem to be really cool guys.

D2Disciple
    D2Disciple
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 81

Gaaaaah this after Dusk and Ion Maiden?? 2018 is gonna drain me dry!

Miasmic
    Miasmic
    Kickstarter Backer

Gaaaaah this after Dusk and Ion Maiden?? 2018 is gonna drain me dry!

Its a good year to be an FPS fan!

williamk-arrieta
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 7

Its looks great.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: CPU-related performance drops Next Topic: Steam Controller "natural" gyro settings