The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development Another QA!

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

-I always felt that the introduction of the rear-view mirror in D3 was a great addition. I know rear-view has been addressed, and video-in-video automatically increases hardware use, but my preferred method of flight in D3 always included having a rear-view mirror up, which was very useful.

I hope that would be singleplayer only. It adds so much to the multiplayer game when you can sneak and follow your opponents unseen.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

datarunner
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 17

Having at least a button to do a rear view while keeping the button pressed would be great

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

I’m pretty sure they have decided that we will at least have a full-screen rearview toggle (like in Descent) because they can’t guarantee that they’ll be able to do the Picture-in-Picture style without killing performance. Unlike the old days, there’s a LOT more to render, so we’ll just have to hope that they figure out a good way to do the PiP style so that we at least have that option.

Prepare for Overload…

SiriusSirius
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 406

Rear view started in D2, in fact… it’s one of the significant gameplay differentiators vs. D1.

Kickstarter Backer

I think Rebirth added it into Descent 1.
    A shame really.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia

SiriusSirius
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 406

Well, there’s a rear-view key (always has been), but up through 0.58.1 it doesn’t have a picture-in-picture display. I don’t know whether the .59 beta has it.

StebotStebot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

Will I be able to play this game offline – without internet connection ?

dynamicvelocity
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

A question based on the game play in the teaser: Player ship shake vs Camera shake
    The player view shaking in D2 felt more authenic than the camera shake used in D3 for a number of reasons detailed in the above linked thread.
    As opposed to violent player camera shaking (D3), can you give priority to the player ship shaking (D2) and the inertial differences this involves?

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Will I be able to play this game offline – without internet connection ?

I can answer this one: the answer is a definite ‘YES’. This isn’t going to be one of those kinds of games.

Prepare for Overload…

StebotStebot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

Thanks for that , very good news

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Thanks for that , very good news

You’re welcome. It’s going to be available DRM-free for those who want that.

Prepare for Overload…

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

You are all amazing! Thank you so much for the questions. Here is the new QA video. We recorded on June 21st, so some of these weren’t asked. However, we will do more QA videos and I am keeping track of all the questions. So, if something comes to mind, please post, tweet or email me at cschneider@revivalprod.com

Thank you for all the support!

Kickstarter Backer

Well, there’s a rear-view key (always has been), but up through 0.58.1 it doesn’t have a picture-in-picture display. I don’t know whether the .59 beta has it.

Huh. I’m remembering something from much earlier so I must be thinking of something else.
    I rarely play the multiplayer for the first game anymore anyway because Descent 2’s weapons are so much fun.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia

Sergeant ThorneSergeant Thorne
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 138

-I always felt that the introduction of the rear-view mirror in D3 was a great addition. I know rear-view has been addressed, and video-in-video automatically increases hardware use, but my preferred method of flight in D3 always included having a rear-view mirror up, which was very useful.

I hope that would be singleplayer only. It adds so much to the multiplayer game when you can sneak and follow your opponents unseen.

I disagree. I see it as a matter of preference. Sneaking wasn’t eliminated in D3, despite the addition of the PIP mirror option. I’ve followed even good pilots for a distance. Watching your 6 effectively is a skill. Situational awareness is a big part of my strategy in a game. I’ll do it however I have to, and you won’t get the drop on me from behind very often. I get a better view by using the rear-view key, but I prefer the smaller mirror for a few reasons: first I don’t have to bind a key for it and work that into my already crowded configuration; and second I’ll take the loss of rear-view resolution, and HUD space, to be able to keep my view forward at all times.

Give people the tools, and let them decide how they will use them. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to sneak, and lack of PIP won’t stop me from watching my back.

Kickstarter Backer

I’m not convinced.
    That doesn’t sound like a strategy for getting kills in a big match, it sounds like something you try once or twice against worse players to see if you can do it.

If we care enough to know there is an easy enough way to find out. 😛
    And if the devs actually can find a way to add it in and balance it so that stealth strategies still work against it I’ll be all for it. What I want is for it not to exist in order to eliminate an otherwise good strategy — which is what it seemed meant to do in Descent 2 and 3.
    Before it’s put in the game they need to figure out what its purpose is as a mechanic rather than as an ability.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: June 15, 2016: Week 8 Next Topic: You're in the chat but you don't even know it. Here's how to control that.