The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development Another QA!

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    headsoupheadsoup
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 15

You are all amazing! Thank you so much for the questions. Here is the new QA video. We recorded on June 21st, so some of these weren’t asked. However, we will do more QA videos and I am keeping track of all the questions. So, if something comes to mind, please post, tweet or email me at cschneider@revivalprod.com

Thank you for all the support!

Thanks for another great QA video! Eagerly anticipating the next demo!

Bit biased as I submitted the question, but I’m quite interested in how a ‘one-life/rogue’ mode might work, especially with an achievement or leaderboard system to track/reward it in some way 🙂

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Not biased. Just invested. 😉 😛

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 122

To be honest, I more worried that Max will make Sol Contingency single better than Overload, without any investment.

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Lol. Not that kind of investment. 😛
    Honestly I can’t wait for all three singleplayer campaigns. Can’t say which one I expect to be best but I know they’ll all be worth paying for. 🙂

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

For me, nothing can be better than Overload.

Prepare for Overload…

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer

Overload without a doubt, this is a pure Descent.
    Just my opinion SOLC is something very special, but certainly Descent. I am delighted with this game.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Overload without a doubt, this is a pure Descent.
    Just my opinion SOLC is something very special, but certainly Descent. I am delighted with this game.

I admit the only experience I have with Sol Contingency is when Luke played it a little during their Kickstarter 24-hour live stream. When he played it, I was simultaneously left saying “wow” and “I’m not so sure I’d like this game, but some things are definitely awesome”. What I didn’t like was how busy and excessively-detailed the textures were. It made it hard for me to spot enemies – and I had the highest-quality HD stream going full-screen. Even when I went and watched the recorded live stream, I felt the same way when I saw Luke playing it again.

It’s kind of like how Descent Underground’s textures are overkill, but there are still some things about the game that can make it awesome.

Overload has the perfect balance of simplicity and detail in their textures combined with an awesome game, which means for me, this game cannot be beaten. I’m very excited about it. Like you accurately said, this is pure Descent!

Prepare for Overload…

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer

First, SOLC is not only beautiful, but has a perfect descentish control of the ships.
    As you rightly pointed out, I think it is almost a masterpiece. Although it is clear that Overload that I’ve played, it’s just a prototype.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

First, SOLC is not only beautiful, but has a perfect descentish control of the ships.
    As you rightly pointed out, I think it is almost a masterpiece.

Well, maybe for some, but not for me. I wasn’t impressed enough by Sol Contingency to have any desire to buy it. It wasn’t Luke’s fault; I just didn’t want overkill textures. I like being able to see my targets, and that’s one of the reasons why I think I will always prefer Overload. For me, Overload is a masterpiece in the making.

Prepare for Overload…

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer

Of course, the atmosphere of Descent can not be compared with anything else. Overload good conveys the atmosphere of Descent 😉

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer

TwoCables, if you spoil me Overload such a talented management, as in D:U…

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

TwoCables, if you spoil me Overload such a talented management, as in D:U…

Yeah, I wonder if Revival Productions is fully aware of just how much love and gratitude we have for them.

Prepare for Overload…

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer

We have a different view of what is love and gratitude.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

We have a different view of what is love and gratitude.

Maybe, but I would say it doesn’t matter.

Prepare for Overload…

SiriusSirius
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 406

SolC has been told about this issue by several people since they released the demo. I found it easier and more fun to play with the graphical level on low, personally.

I’m not sure what they intend to do about it, but they probably have heard the message by now.

On rear view: we also need to remember VR. This will make it very quick to check your blind spots – unless you block out the back and sides of the cockpit.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: June 15, 2016: Week 8 Next Topic: You're in the chat but you don't even know it. Here's how to control that.