The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development Another QA!

RSS Feed
Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    datarunner
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 17

A question which is really busying me: What about quad lasers, and most important, what about quad plasma? What color will it have? Green?

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

A question which is really busying me: What about quad lasers, and most important, what about quad plasma? What color will it have? Green?

As Cathy said in the OP, e-mail her all of your questions. That way, it can have a chance of getting into one of the next Q&A videos.

I do know though that quad projectiles are planned. Quads will be a weapon upgrade.

There’s also currently no public talk about whether a gun like the Plasma Cannon will exist. I have access to the Sneak Peek forum, and so far there hasn’t been any talk about a Plasma Cannon or anything like it. However, based on everything they’ve shown us so far, I’m I think we won’t miss it one bit. 😉

Prepare for Overload…

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

E-mail isn’t necessary, in the first Q&A I posted a question in a thread that wasn’t even this one, before they announced the Q&A, and it still got into the video.
    That said, I’m sure keeping it to something as organised as e-mail or PM would be appreciated.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

Added the question to my list! I’m a ninja gathering questions from the forum.

bemosabemosa
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 240

Once again apologies if this has already been asked.. My question is:

How will the storyline be presented, I am curious whether you will:

– have on screen text at the start of each level explaining what is “happening”
    – have onscreen text during gameplay explaining the events as they unfold
    – be hiring voice artists to do in-game audio
    – creating animated cinematics?

..or perhaps some other thing that I have not considered 😉

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

They have said that they won’t be doing that cheap “text with a picture” thing like they did in Descent 1. They hinted that it’s going to be quite impressive for us long-time Descent fans.

Prepare for Overload…

bemosabemosa
    Kickstarter Backer

They have said that they won’t be doing that cheap “text with a picture” thing like they did in Descent 1. They hinted that it’s going to be quite impressive for us long-time Descent fans.

Thanks for the info tc, I can’t wait to see where this aspect of the game ends up.
    I have to say, the thought of another demo drop soon is very exciting, between this, the sneak peek forum, and the monthly updates, the team are certainly keeping us all on the edge of our seats, an accomplishment in itself to be sure 🙂

AmorphousludgeAmorphousludge
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

HELLO! i’m new here, well I have talked a bit on the Bemosa account, but that’s about it.

just wondering, will there be any stationary bots like turrets, that cling to walls, just thinking it would be a cool addition to overload

bemosabemosa
    Kickstarter Backer

Another question in case you make another QA video.. Will the cockpit have its own integrated HUD elements (panels showing active weapon, energy remaining etc)?

Afdal
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

One element I’ve always felt like the Descent series could have had more of is enemy attack variety. One type in particular that’s always appealed to me is some sort of expanding plane or shockwave fired at different rotations. A vast majority of enemies fire weapons that can be handily dodged with standard horizontal motion. But an enemy with an attack like this could be used to really encourage the player to dodge in three dimensions more. Rather than a single point of fire you could force the player to fly up or down or even diagonally.

I’m real curious if the thought has ever occurred to any of the developers.

Heck, how about a more classical shockwave attack that crawls along walls (used to herd the player away from walls)? Or maybe even an “antigravity” wave that is repelled by walls (used to corner the player into walls)? I really want more reasons to think in three dimensions!

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: June 15, 2016: Week 8 Next Topic: You're in the chat but you don't even know it. Here's how to control that.