The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development Audio log pickup stutter

RSS Feed

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Moon Moon 04 Aug 2018 @ 7:13am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Moon
    Moon
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 10

As mentioned before I’ve finally upgraded my computer (though FullHD for now, not4K yet) and since RAM is still expensive I’ve decided on 2×8 GB for now. When I play the game in FullHD with the music of, I get little sutters in movement when I pick up an audio log and it starts playing. Is there a way to fix this without adding more RAM or something?

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

You don’t need more memory. I don’t have this problem, and I have 8 GB, but I do have a full size Page File (Windows recommended 12256 MB, so that’s what I set it to). My CPU, GPU, and memory are:

i5-2500K at 4.5 GHz
    GTX 780 overclocked a little (modest, the stock air cooling is still plenty good enough for it, so it’s not a huge overclock but I feel the difference)
    2 x 4 GB G.SKILL RipjawsX: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231455

I use 1920 x 1080, and all of the in-game graphics settings are set to the highest available settings, except I don’t have Screen-Space Reflections on.

Prepare for Overload…

Moon
    Moon
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 10

Mmh, my Windows sets pagefile size automatically and it’s added pagfile.sys to my system drive c: which is on my SSD. Recommended are 2935 MB and it has set it to 2432 MB.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Save game not working Next Topic: "Regrowth" music track