The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development Automap Replay

RSS Feed
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CHILLYBUSCHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 173

This is edging toward demo recording territory (which you might as well use screen capture for), but it’d be cool to have a slider and/or other playback controls on the post-match automap that shows your ship movement and maybe orientation over time. Dots would then pop up as events — kills, damage, super kills, etc — occurred. Adding a trail behind the player ship showing the last minute or so of flight path might also be pretty neat. Dots would fade a bit to better show new events in cluttered areas. Bonus points for having an option to display the kill curve / shield graph in a corner somewhere that fills in as playback is controlled.

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

That sounds like a lot of fun! I already like the heatmap and I think this might add another layer of usefulness.

I don’t know if it would be a realistic idea but I’ve also been thinking that it might be handy for players if we had a permanent heatmap; a single non-animated one for each map which tracks your lifelong history. This is something we could actually use to help refine our strategies.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: I need friends Next Topic: Build 61 PB Bug