The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Playable Teaser 2.0 Bug Reports and Questions Bad performance in the playable teaser

RSS Feed
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vrtigo1
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I downloaded the teaser through Steam and tried to play but the performance is bad. The screen freezes for half a second (rough estimate) every few seconds so it’s basically unplayable. My experience is nothing at all like what I see in the teaser video on Steam where the motion is very fluid.

My system is not slow and other games work fine, so I’m not sure what the problem could be.

My system specs are as follows:

Core i7-5820k
    32 GB RAM
    500 GB SSD
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Windows 10 Pro

I also tried running the game via OverloadPlayableTeaserFullscreenExclusive.bat as suggested in chat, but that did not seem to make any difference.

If there is any additional info you need please let me know. Descent was/is my favorite PC game from the 90s, so I am excited to check this out…

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

Oh I’m sorry to hear that! I hope the dev team sees this soon and can help you with the issue. It does sound similar to an issue that people were reporting in the early days of the Early Access version, and the dev team did make changes over several versions of Early Access to correct the issue. I wonder if this might be the same issue. In any case, I hope it gets resolved soon! Good luck!

krayzkrokkrayzkrok
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 185

Yes, I had a lot of stuttering in the initial teaser. It wasn’t unplayable, but I had to turn the graphics settings down a bit to make it tolerable. However, this problem has since completely disappeared in the early access version (and indeed in the later backer-only betas). So I’d try turning the graphics down, see if that helps (if I recall it didn’t completely disappear even then), and if you buy the Early Access version then I suspect you’ll have better luck.

Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 88

vrtigo1,

I’m sorry you’re having trouble with the Playable Teaser. Did your issues ever get resolved? You might want to make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date if you haven’t done so already.

If you’re still having trouble please email me directly at mtoschlog@revivalprod.com and we’ll try to figure out what’s going on.

Thanks,

– Matt

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: vers. 04 build 44 Shooting while boosting bug Next Topic: Fifth Impressions