The discussion has moved over to Discord

RSS Feed
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    comegetsome
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

I BOUGHT THIS GAME, OVERLOAD, THROUGH STEAM AND THE GAME WILL OPEN, I HEAR AUDIO AND THE REACTION TO BUTTON PUSHING ON THE MAIN SCREEN, BUUUT THE SCREEN IS BLACK. I CAN’T PLAY THE GAME I BOUGHT!! I LOVED DECENT BACK IN THE DAY AND THAT’S WHY I BOUGHT OVERLOAD. I HAVE AN FX8350 CPU AND 2 RX470 IN CROSSFIRE. I TRIED DISABLING 1, BUT DID NOT CHANGE THE PROBLEM. I PURCHASED IT A MONTH OR SO AGO. IT WORKED FINE THE 1ST COUPLE OF WEEKS. I SET EVRYTHING ON MAX AND THE GAME RAN GREAT. I DID NOT PLAY THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS UNTIL YESTERDAY. THAT’S WHEN I NOTICED THE PROBLEM. I HAVE THE NEWEST RADEON RELIVE DRIVERS INSTALLED. 17.4.4. PLEASE HELP!!!

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

I BOUGHT THIS GAME, OVERLOAD, THROUGH STEAM AND THE GAME WILL OPEN, I HEAR AUDIO AND THE REACTION TO BUTTON PUSHING ON THE MAIN SCREEN, BUUUT THE SCREEN IS BLACK. I CAN’T PLAY THE GAME I BOUGHT!! I LOVED DECENT BACK IN THE DAY AND THAT’S WHY I BOUGHT OVERLOAD. I HAVE AN FX8350 CPU AND 2 RX470 IN CROSSFIRE. I TRIED DISABLING 1, BUT DID NOT CHANGE THE PROBLEM. I PURCHASED IT A MONTH OR SO AGO. IT WORKED FINE THE 1ST COUPLE OF WEEKS. I SET EVRYTHING ON MAX AND THE GAME RAN GREAT. I DID NOT PLAY THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS UNTIL YESTERDAY. THAT’S WHEN I NOTICED THE PROBLEM. I HAVE THE NEWEST RADEON RELIVE DRIVERS INSTALLED. 17.4.4. PLEASE HELP!!!

Please turn off caps lock.

Anyway, the solution to this is in this thread.

Prepare for Overload…

comegetsome
    Participant

Well, I tried what was mentioned on the page. nothing worked, but now theres another problem. when i switch to windowed the game screen jumps to the taskbar, but still hear the game as though it was fullscreen. when i switch it to fullsreen theres now a wide, solid, green strip down the center of the screen. im running win10pro with creators update.

comegetsome
    Participant

ive also verified game file through steam as suggested on another site. also, ive uninstalled and reinstalled and changed my monitor refresh rate from 60-90-120-144. there was mention of visual c corruption issues which they said would be fixed with a reinstall.

comegetsome
    Participant

I, now, have a wide, green strip down the center of my screen now. when i change it to windowed it jumps down the the taskbar. ive tried the couple things in this tread. also, i changed my screen refreash rate to 4 different rates, verified game files on steam and uninstalled and reinstalled. not working. do you have an intel or amd video card? if amd, what driver version? this game worked for me a month ago. are you on win 10 and the new creators update? i had problems with 2 other games after the update. visual c issues i was able to fix.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Let’s try Exclusive Full Screen Mode. If this works, then you can stop using Exclusive Full Screen Mode and the game should keep working.

There are 2 different ways to get the game into Exclusive Full Screen Mode:

1. Launch it with a command line in Steam: -window-mode exclusive (using the “Set Launch Options” button in the game’s Steam properties)
    2. Launch the batch file in the Overload Steam game folder. The file is called OverloadFullscreenExclusive.bat

Again, if this works, then you can stop using Exclusive Full Screen Mode, and the game should continue working.

Prepare for Overload…

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

I recently had reason to try and run Overload on my old Windows XP computer and ran into the black screen issue. I was able to get it working by deleting the registry keys (on Windows XP I couldn’t find the LocalLow folder) and re-installing the game. I then did some testing and confirmed that for me the problem must have been a conflict with the PAX West demo which had been on the machine previously. Cleaning PAX out of the registry must have done the trick because, as of now, I can change all of the graphics setting individually and in groups with no ill-effects.

Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 88

comegetsome,

I’m sorry you’re having trouble. It sounds like your issues are a little different than we’re seeing with other people, but I’d like you to run through a few steps and see if that helps.

1. Clear out Unity’s registry values for Overload. Run the registry editor (regedit) and go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Revival\Overload

and delete all the values. Run the game and see if it works.

If the game still doesn’t work:

2. Go to the folder

C:\Users\\AppData\LocalLow\Revival\Overload

and delete all the files there. Try running again.

If that doesn’t work:

3. Do both step 1 & 2 and try again.

If none of that works, it would be helpful if you could run the debug version and send me the log file. Here are the steps.

* In the Steam client, go to Library and find “Overload”. Right-click and choose Properties from the menu.

* In the Properties dialog, click on the last tab, Betas. In the input box (“Enter beta access code…”) type “debugversion”. Click on Check Code.

* From the drop-down menu (“Select the beta…”) choose “debug – With debug output”. Click on Close in the lower-right corner. Steam will then download the debug version. Run the game, exit out, and email the log file to mtoschlog@revivalprod.com. To find the log file:

* In the Steam client, go to Library and find “Overload”. Right-click and choose Properties from the menu.

* In the Properties dialog, click on the Local Files tab.

* Click on the Browse Local Files… button.

* In the File Explorer window, open the Overload_data folder.

* Grab the file output_log.txt and email it to me.

If I can’t find the problem in the log file, I’ll make a custom build with additional debugging to try to find the problem.

Thanks for your help,

– Matt

moscowcfi
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

With the help of the chat guys I was able to fix the black screen with music issue on my PC by deleting the registry files associated with the game and uninstalling.

However, I’m now having an identical issue with my Mac. After installing, I started the game. After changing the setting to full screen, the screen became unresponsive (identical to PC). After restarting the game, I got the black screen with music. Attempts to change settings blindly were unsuccessful. Unlike PC, I can’t find the “registry” files (I realize Mac doesn’t do it the same way), so I can’t figure out what to remove to try to restore the game functionality. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling; it’s still doing the same thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 115

WOW, all these issues with this game and steam. Are the steam updates causing these issues?

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

WOW, all these issues with this game and steam. Are the steam updates causing these issues?

No, it’s not a problem with Steam.

Prepare for Overload…

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Where's my gore-gone? Next Topic: Video Driver Crash at random