The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Bug Reports for Full Game Black screen

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Animosity
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 21

Everything worked fine until the other day. Now When I try to run the game, I get the load screen then it goes black and stays there.
    Any ideas?
    Ive already reinstalled and still same.
    Worked before but not now?

Animosity
    Participant

i have to ctr. alt del out and stop it from runnng to get back to glorious Windows

DiamondWolf
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 57

If you installed via Steam, right click “Overload” in your library, select “Properties”, select “Local Files”, and click “Browse Local Files”. If you installed DRM-free, go to where you installed the EXE. In both cases, launch “RunThisIfYouGetBlackScreen.bat”. If that doesn’t help, check back here.

sfischersfischer
    Overload Team
    Replies: 105

It’s possible that there’s a problem with your Pilot files (somehow). They can get into a screwy state, though it *shouldn’t* happen, obviously. Try this:

Loading Bar Freeze

Animosity
    Participant

still having issues after running the bat file?
    aNY other ideas?

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

still having issues after running the bat file?
    aNY other ideas?

Do you mean you still have the issue when you run the batch file? Running the batch file isn’t intended to fix the problem for when launching the game in the normal way.

Prepare for Overload…

Animosity
    Participant

tried everything. Not working. Worked before.
    really disappointing.

Animosity
    Participant

Guess I’ll give up on this game.
    Was good enjoyed the dream.

Animosity
    Participant

no support

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

no support

They don’t work on the weekends, and so they might not have had time today to respond to you. They are having to keep up with this forum, the Steam forum, Discord, e-mail, and all their official social media. Not to mention all the hard work they are in the middle of trying to get the console releases out.

They are a small independent team. Someone will respond to you. You just have to be patient. Look how long it took sfischer to finally have time to get a response to this thread originally!

Prepare for Overload…

sfischersfischer
    Overload Team
    Replies: 105

To verify, Animosity, you have tried both of these things, right?

1. Delete or rename your local Overload settings folder (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Revival\Overload).
    2. Run the RunThisIfYouGetBlackScreen.bat batch file that is next to the game in Steam.

If there’s a setting that is causing problems, clearing those two out should knock it loose. If neither of those clear you up, can you send your output_log.txt and your dxdiag to feedback@revivalprod.com? That file is in that folder that you deleted in step one (it gets generated & overwritten each time you launch the game – so if it’s not there now, just launch the game again & it should be created). And type dxdiag in a cmd window or the windows search thing to run it, then save it to a txt file.

Sorry that you’re having trouble with the game.

Animosity
    Participant

Thank you for responding sfischer,
    I have tried both suggestions as well as reinstalling the game and updating video drivers.
    I sent the files you requested to the feedback email you recommended.
    I appreciate your help.

~Ani

Animosity
    Participant

is this game 64 bit specific?

Animosity
    Participant

Wont run on my 32bit system. Used too

couerl
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I have the same glitch, I just found this thread so I haven’t had time to go through the fixes, but I will after work. I highlighted properties and right clicked but, there’s no “local files”.. I’ll look at that later too. I’m on an older Dell, Win 10 64 bit TS5500 Precision quad core, 10 gb ram and older graphics card, but it runs newer and bigger games ok.

In the meantime, so very happy you guys did a remake of my favorite old game descent 2. Can’t wait to play and then dig into the level editor and create some levels too. Make Boss Robots Great Again! 🙂

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Smashing the Opposition! (Video) Next Topic: Crash – Unity report dialog hidden