The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Overload Early Release Version Bug Reports and Questions Bug Seems Fixed: Robots Firing at Crazy Angles

RSS Feed

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by TwoCables TwoCables 26 Sep 2017 @ 5:30pm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Yoshimitsu
    Yoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

I want to thank the team for working on this one. Up until Build 72 I had been seeing robots firing at ridiculous angles to hit me after I’d outmaneuvered them. All the robots were doing it and fairly often so it has been pretty disruptive.

I played b72 for a few hours last night and didn’t see it happen once! 😀

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

Thanks for confirming the fix!

Shroudeye
    Shroudeye
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 84

If you are referring to the bots firing towards walls, I’ve seen it happen in Steam version 0.6 build 77. It happened in the Outpost demo map: I clearly saw Kraken(s) turning into a wall and firing, while I was moving in that direction (They “over-leaded” me). In fact, I *only* saw Krakens doing that. The Goblins and Gorgons just spreaded their fire without doing such a bizzare leading act.

Sorry for the thread bump, by the way…

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

If you are referring to the bots firing towards walls, I’ve seen it happen in Steam version 0.6 build 77. It happened in the Outpost demo map: I clearly saw Kraken(s) turning into a wall and firing, while I was moving in that direction (They “over-leaded” me). In fact, I *only* saw Krakens doing that. The Goblins and Gorgons just spreaded their fire without doing such a bizzare leading act.

Sorry for the thread bump, by the way…

The robots were firing at nearly impossible angles from the direction they were actually facing.

Prepare for Overload…

Yoshimitsu
    Yoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

TwoCables is correct. The bug that I was talking about was causing the robots to fire up to 180 degrees from where they were facing (shots coming sideways out of their shoulders or even directly out of their asses). This has been fixed for a while.

It sounds like what Shroudeye is describing is intended behavior. What difficulty level were you playing at when you saw the Kraken firing at a wall?

Shroudeye
    Shroudeye
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 84

I was playing on Insane.

Reading your posts, I also confirm that the robots don’t fire from bizzare angles.

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

I was playing on Insane.

Reading your posts, I also confirm that the robots don’t fire from bizzare angles.

Perhaps you are so good that you are actually able to confuse the robots.

Prepare for Overload…

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Old Threads Gone Lost Next Topic: Astrokill (Inspired by Freespace 2) is looking for Linux testers