The discussion has moved over to Discord

RSS Feed
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    CHILLYBUSCHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 173

Okay so this happened with the most recent patch to b61 — my scores got reset or something! I’ve definitely unlocked Insane on Roundabout, since I’m still holding the top Infinite score of 262, despite my PB reading 93. Can’t tell if any others have changed, just that this one definitely has. My XP is still the same at around 85K.

Not a huge deal, just reporting in case it’s indicative of a larger issue behind the scenes somewhere.

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

It’s not just you Chilly. I had a run last night where I crushed my PB on Labyrinth and my leaderboard score actually dropped instead of increasing.

Two nights ago my PB was 63. My leaderboard score showed 63.
    Last night I got a new PB of 76 (which shows properly in the menu). My Leaderboard score now shows 61.

Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 88

Chillybus: It’s possible for the Steam leaderboards to be out of sync with the personal best information. For example, if you switch pilots all the local PBs will go to zero. But if you had just one score get reset and the rest were unchanged, that’s pretty weird. Do you have any recollection of when that happened or if there was anything else weird?

Yoshimistsu: When you saw your high score go backwards, were you looking at the leaderboards in the game? It seems that there’s a bug where the wrong data is displayed in the game, so if you see this again it would be helpful to double-check with the values on the web site. Just keep in mind that the web site lags by 5-10 minutes.

If anyone else has seen problems like these please let me know. I could use more information.

Thanks,

– Matt

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 115

Steam is really bad! Lets get this on the Xbox fast!

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

Matt, I just checked the leaderboard on the website as you suggested. It looks like my score went backwards on there as well as in the game screen.

One more thing did crop up though. The next time I started Overload (a day or so later) it no longer showed 76 as my PB. That has also been switched to 61.

CHILLYBUSCHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer

Chillybus: It’s possible for the Steam leaderboards to be out of sync with the personal best information. For example, if you switch pilots all the local PBs will go to zero. But if you had just one score get reset and the rest were unchanged, that’s pretty weird. Do you have any recollection of when that happened or if there was anything else weird?

Yeah this is definitely strange — I’d expect the local PB to be higher than Steam’s though, since I always have a connection to things on my hard drive, and if my internet goes down Steam won’t record new PBs.

As far as I can recall, this happened just since the b61 update — sadly hadn’t been playing consistently during the end of June and early July. Other weird stuff from b55/58/61 that I can recall include stuff in options, mostly — each new patch reset cockpit (switched to on instead of off) and mouse limiting/rotation settings (switched to on/off, respectively). I think I recall b58 also resetting all of my controls to defaults, which was kind of odd.

I’ve been using the default profile since b3 — whichever number the initial EA release was — so I’m not totally surprised something finally glitched…though I’d expect most players to not have made new profiles and therefore most players would have seen this issue.

I’m thankfully not having the same issues as Yoshi with PBs changing consistently, this was just a one-off for me.

CHILLYBUSCHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer

Just noticed this — is it just me, or are all #1s missing from the website’s leaderboards when you go to a specific map/mode/difficulty??

sfischersfischer
    Overload Team
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 105

Whoops – good eye, Chillybus. Matt was tweaking the Leaderboards a little over the weekend (so ties show up properly instead of arbitrarily having someone ranked ‘better’ with the same scores), and may have introduced a minor error. It looks like it’s still fine in-game, just not displaying properly on the webpage.

It might take a bit for him to address it (he’s in the middle of a couple of other things), but the data’s fine even if it’s not displaying properly there.

Also – back to the main point of this thread, we are still looking into the erroneous scores thing. It *shouldn’t* be possible for scores to go down on the Leaderboards. Like Matt had said, there are a few simple cases where local scores & online scores are different.

1. Scores displayed in the Challenge mode level select screens are tracked by pilots locally – so they could easily be lower than PB’s if you have multiple pilots.
    2. If you aren’t connected to the Steam servers for whatever reason when the match finishes, the new score can’t be added/updated – so it is possible to ‘lose’ a best run. While this can be pretty terrible if you just did an amazing run, it’s pretty necessary, especially to inhibit cheating.
    3. You can edit local files to change your local scores, though this won’t affect the Leaderboards.

We’re looking into finding if we can get any cases of Leaderboard mismatch/errors that don’t fall under these three cases (I *really* doubt any of you hit the 3rd issue as a ‘problem’). So far I haven’t had any (bad) luck, but that doesn’t really mean anything, as there’s a lot more of you guys out there to hit these issues :).

CHILLYBUSCHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer

Update! Totally blanked on checking my Countdown scores…and they’re all zeroed on Roundabout. I definitely put one up for each difficulty, and I was thinking back to *when* I posted them, and I seem to recall it was right after the b58 release. I don’t recall playing Countdown between then and when I noticed this issue. I’m sort of in the opposite camp of #2, as if I weren’t connected to my local file (still using just the default save, so I don’t fall into #1 either) but was still able to upload to Steam.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Automap Replay Next Topic: Scourges Fire Through Walls