The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Bug Reports for Full Game Cannot start campaign at further levels

RSS Feed
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    WhitesharkWhiteshark
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 61

I’ve gone through levels 1-4, yet when I press play mission, choose Cronus frontier, I only get to choose level 1. Considering how you could start from later levels in the early release, I thought this may be a bug. Some notes about the runs:
    I may or may not have died at some secret level. I may have loaded the game from a save. I’m playing on insane difficulty. I did go through level 1 though, without saves or anything.

banditt
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I don’t think it was ever intended for players to start at a later level, just new game or continue from a save.

The relative lack of preplaced primaries as compared to Descent plus the upgrade system makes me think the campaign was designed to be played from the beginning each time.

PumoPumo
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 27

Exactly, I think the same as banditt, individual level selection was just a part of the EA and Demo versions.

I don’t know for sure, but perhaps much like the original Descent, the main menu in this full version is intended to load campaigns, not individual levels, maybe for when the level editor comes out so you can load user made campaigns?

http://pumosoft.3d-get.de – Pumo Software official Website
    – Pumo Mines progress: 60%

krayzkrokkrayzkrok
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 185

Hmmm, this isn’t what I get. When I start Cronus Frontier, I get to start at any level currently reached. I’ve reached Phoebe (L4) so I can start on 1-4. Selecting one shows the opening cinematic for that level, then I get to choose upgrades (4 points x level number).

Level select screen, new game

D2DiscipleD2Disciple
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 81

No problems here. Just completed the campaign, and I have all the levels accessible from the menu when I select “Cronus Frontier.”

WhitesharkWhiteshark
    Participant

I would expect it to work like krazykok explained. Perhaps dieing in a secret level may have contributed to it not working, or loading the game from saves?

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

This most certainly sounds like a bug to me.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

humbaghumbag
    Overload Team
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Did you change or create a new pilot?

WhitesharkWhiteshark
    Participant

Humbag, you must be right, I probably played through level 1 on a different pilot. Now I’ve almost gone through the campaign… looks like I’ll have to do it again soon 🙂

WhitesharkWhiteshark
    Participant

After playing through level 1 again, now all the levels are available to me. Seems I went through them all but 1 on my current pilot.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Windows outside are missing textures/lighting Next Topic: lock on sound is missing