The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Other Games I can't stop playing Inferno 2!

RSS Feed

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Miasmic Miasmic 21 Aug 2017 @ 8:33pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Thank you for giving Inferno 2 to us. It’s VERY fun! I’m even seeing a little bit of where some of the ideas for Overload came from.

Prepare for Overload…

Sergeant Thorne
    Sergeant Thorne
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 138

What you’re actually seeing, TwoCables, is OVERLOAD trying to get out in all of Luke’s creative efforts since D3… 😉

1up
    1up
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 82

Hehehehe … I see dead people 😛

Anyway it is very well designed in any aspect. So smooth to play, great music and “fruity” sound effects 🙂 The gameplay reminds me of the eighties, so arcade like but with fresh modern look and sound. Mouse and KB control can’t be any better.

Thank you Luke, thanks Revival!

Haunted Parrasp
    Haunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Yeah, I absolutely agree. Probably have to pick up the first one and Fireball (demo’s very fun) on XBLA now.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

Whiteshark
    Whiteshark
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 61

Yyyyep!

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Why is “New Game+” grayed out?

Also, what is “New Game+”?

Prepare for Overload…

StatiC
    StatiC
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 89

Sounds similar to Sony’s The Last of Us game. When you beat the game on a difficulty level you can start a new game and keep your weapons and upgrades that you got on the previous game on that difficulty level or lower.

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Oh, hence the “+”! Nice.

Prepare for Overload…

Sirius
    Sirius
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 406

Quite often (but not always) it upgrades the difficulty of the enemies as well. It’s been common in JRPGs for a while.

hypersonic
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 220

I haven’t gotten into a 2D game since Diablo 2. Even though Diablo 3 is ‘3D’ it feels like 2D with the camera’s fixed vantage point/orientation. World of Warcraft got me addicted to moving the camera’s vantage point in 3rd person games (though the orientation was always directly pointed at your character.)

Inferno 2 looks really awesome though looking at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rJTEob5220 Smooth action and nice graphics and groovy music. Looks like the Descent 2’s phoenix canon in 2D, along with some helper crafts that follow you around.

In 2D games you get to see all of a ‘rectangle slice’ around you at one time (to the limits of the screen edges, though you could zoom out to see farther.) In 3D games like Descent and Overload you can only see roughly 1/6 around you at one time, and walls can even obscure much of that view. If only humans could see in 4D and see all of a 3D ‘cuboid slice’ from ‘above in the 4th dimension’. I suppose holographs would be the closest thing to this, like those holograph maps in the movie Avatar.

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

I haven’t gotten into a 2D game since Diablo 2. Even though Diablo 3 is ‘3D’ it feels like 2D with the camera’s fixed vantage point/orientation. World of Warcraft got me addicted to moving the camera’s vantage point in 3rd person games (though the orientation was always directly pointed at your character.)

Inferno 2 looks really awesome though looking at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rJTEob5220 Smooth action and nice graphics and groovy music. Looks like the Descent 2’s phoenix canon in 2D, along with some helper crafts that follow you around.

In 2D games you get to see all of a ‘rectangle slice’ around you at one time (to the limits of the screen edges, though you could zoom out to see farther.) In 3D games like Descent and Overload you can only see roughly 1/6 around you at one time, and walls can even obscure much of that view. If only humans could see in 4D and see all of a 3D ‘cuboid slice’ from ‘above in the 4th dimension’. I suppose holographs would be the closest thing to this, like those holograph maps in the movie Avatar.

You can play Inferno 2 for free now you now. 😉

Prepare for Overload…

Yoshimitsu
    Yoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

Many thanks for giving us this awesome little game. I’ve never tried a twinstick shooter before but I’m loving Inferno 2.

In fact I like it so much that I made Inferno+ my first ever mobile purchase so that I can play it on my phone!

Miasmic
    Miasmic
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 59

I am so glad that I stumbled across this thread. What a great little twin-stick shooter!! Just bought it tonight and ran to about Chapter 3. Absolutely loving it so far, can’t believe I haven’t played until now.

Haunted Parrasp
    Haunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

But then Parallax Software would have invented one of the first truly 4D games (seven degrees of freedom? :o) in 1995. And we’d all be here wishing we could see in five dimensions. And then overload would be eight degrees of freedom and where would we… I’m still making this sound too good aren’t I?

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

Miasmic
    Miasmic
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 59

“Take a slow leap of faith.” How clever!!! I am really enjoying this (*I am halfway through now).

***Just finished it. Brilliant game. Going to start a (+) game now :).

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Feature request: automap Next Topic: Double damage for direct missile hits