The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Playable Teaser March 2016 Brags and Links Challenge Mode Leaderboard?

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    homeyduh
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 67

There doesn’t need to be one, but we can keep track of scores here I guess. My highest on Hard is 31. I saw Luke get 34, so now I have something to target in terms of improving. Good luck Overloaders! Don’t die.

LotharBot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 133

Roncli had 37 on his stream ( http://www.twitch.tv/roncli ). Apparently the ammo stops respawning; he ended up flying around for a few minutes dodging and searching and couldn’t find any ammo.

Mike Kulas
    Overload Team
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 186

homeyduh — Like the idea! Post here and Luke will try to bet back on top.

LotharBot — We don’t want the challenge to overly be about conserving ammo. We’ll look into it. Maybe we should allow more than five simultaneous bots. Or maybe there should be more reward for chasing down the RUNAWAYs.

homeyduh
    Kickstarter Backer

yeah I noticed that…Fighting for survival like a champ

LotharBot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 133

maybe an energy recharge zone? Or the ship slowly recharging energy when it’s not in combat? I watched the end of roncli’s 37-point run; he was just flying around dodging bots and looking for loot, which he couldn’t find.

He just got to 38 and had conserved a bit more ammo, but was still running low by the end.

Jeff Slutter
    Overload Team
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

Maybe we can spawn an energy powerup once in a while if there is a lack of them (as a quick fix).

homeyduh
    Kickstarter Backer

(Directed towards Matt lol) NO! I waste enough energy just trying to boost away! haha now I have to boost into these super speedy bots to get a boost?! you guys are sadistic :'( haha I LOVE the AI on them. Many times I catch them literally plotting stuff like ambushes and flanks once I get around 15 or so. They dodge so good though :'( those darn medium sized bots are tough as nails, but I love their bulkiness because they’re easier to hit. Idk about more that 5 bots because I finally got cornered by all 5 bots when I went down x.x lol

Jeff Slutter
    Overload Team
    Replies: 4

Ha! I meant spawn in an area of the level – not just from killing a bot

homeyduh
    Kickstarter Backer

oh yeah I agree. Sorry, I meant to make mine a reply to Matt talking about making more bots available at a time and giving bonuses for hunting the speeding bots. In reality, I feel powerful when I’m blasting one of them, then I see it jet off in the opposite direction. Best feeling in the world is blowing a Devastator at the perfect spot at the perfect time: between 3 or more enemies XD and seeing the fireworks go off XD

Enzo03Enzo03
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 10

For most of this I was living entirely off of energy pickups from destroyed bots. At the very end I discovered two packs of Falcons that I had missed, but I got ganged up on immediately after.

And just prior:

When playing this long I started getting stuttering progressively worse, though having a twitch stream open in a browser window probably didn’t help!

homeyduh
    Kickstarter Backer

Nice! Don’t they stop dropping energy and ammo after around 30 kills? I was running dry around 40 o.o

CDN_MerlinCDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 243

I just got 35.

SiriusSirius
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 406

One attempt:

…by this point I had literally nothing to shoot at the robots.

CDN_MerlinCDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 243

My Prec 2 is not as good as my 3D Pro. I hope we can figure out how to use it. Or maybe it’s the converter that is the issue???

homeyduh
    Kickstarter Backer

You can trick the bots to shoot each other when I doubt 😛 it’s not a glitch, just the bots carelessly shooiting their volleys into their neighbors lol

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Playable Teaser Next Topic: First impression for a highly competitive Descent 1 pilot