The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Playable Teaser March 2016 Brags and Links Challenge Mode Leaderboard?

RSS Feed
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Whatever it was, I’m still impressed. 862 killed evil robots that’s not to be sneezed at! 🙂

Thank you! I’ve been playing for almost 20 years though, and it was on Easy difficulty in the Foundry level, and getting a large number of kills on Easy is too easy in that level because there’s a huge amount of space to run around in there. Then as the performance gets worse, the motion gets slowed down a little, which makes things easier. lol

Prepare for Overload…

sLLiKsLLiK
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 24

We’ll probably have to start the unofficial hard-mode leaderboard over at this point. Build 5 is no joke. The shredders charge more frequently, and the uncommon bots that run and attack erratically move so fast, they make the Thief bot look like an old man in the slow lane. I just now had free time to fire it up and try it out, and was in for a rude awakening when the shredder I was fighting turned and attacked much faster than I expected, and it only got worse from there. =)

1up1up
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 82

We’ll probably have to start the unofficial hard-mode leaderboard over at this point. Build 5 is no joke. The shredders charge more frequently, and the uncommon bots that run and attack erratically move so fast, they make the Thief bot look like an old man in the slow lane. I just now had free time to fire it up and try it out, and was in for a rude awakening when the shredder I was fighting turned and attacked much faster than I expected, and it only got worse from there. =)

Hehe so true and well said. But a mouser should be still able to score quite good due to the high possible turn rate. As a joystick user with the around half slower turn rate it is exremely difficult to fight them. Even with good skills 🙂

Sergeant ThorneSergeant Thorne
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 138

This is my personal best on Hard so far…

39 Robots on Hard

Too much strategy makes for a boring experience in my book, so I just fly right in and mix it up. I was motivated to post this because in my bid to pass 31 tonight I pushed a new plateau, in my rusty state, and it was a blast!! I was totally surrounded by bots toward the end, and flashes and explosions were everywhere for the space of a few intense minutes! I just had to come by and tell the team how much fun I’m having playing this teaser.

I actually preceded it with a few levels of D1 on insane. 🙂

This challenge mode almost reminds me of multiplayer in that the bots are always coming at you from behind at the most inconvenient times, forcing you to broaden your focus and anticipate rear attacks.

1up1up
    Kickstarter Backer

I prefer the Foundry Level. But hell when getting close to 50 they really start to nail you in Build 5. Sneaking, chasing and group engaging. I like the AI 🙂 I tried it a couple times but I cannot exceed 50 … not yet 🙂

Foundry 50 Hard

1up1up
    Kickstarter Backer

Ok 56 Foundry Hard. Couldn’t resist to try again 🙂

Foundry 56 Hard

1up1up
    Kickstarter Backer

60 now. Still Foundry Hard. Enough now. Its getting addictive 🙂

1up1up
    Kickstarter Backer

Small increase to 78. That felt lucky 🙂

Pilot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 23

Have to say that Blades is attacking really fast in this build and playing with joystick you hardly manage to turn before hes already coming at you. But having no problem with that since having a little challenge is only good.
    Currently managed to do 66 on hard in foundry.

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

This is my first go at Hard:

37hard

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Playable Teaser Next Topic: First impression for a highly competitive Descent 1 pilot