The discussion has moved over to Discord

RSS Feed

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by TwoCables TwoCables 23 Oct 2017 @ 10:05pm.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nop
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 12

Chasing coward robots always felt (still feels) off. At first I thought it’s their perfect flying through tight, twisty corridors at high speed but I think it’s the fact that they are flying backwards. I get that you want them to still be able to shoot at you but I recently re-watched an old Q&A and you talked about robot personalities, in particular coward robots. They are not designed to do much damage, it’s more about the reward you get after finally killing them. And for me a “true coward” is someone who turns around and runs as fast a possible as soon as his cowardly sniping tactics (from distance) are challenged. (I essentially just described my preferred playing style ;‑) )

Not every robot in coward mode should do it but maybe the one(s) with the weakest weapon. I think it would be just plain fun seeing a robot realizing the thread turned on him, maybe uttering a squealing sound while turning around, then boost away with his afterburner. (You already have one robot making a great growling sound when outmaneuvered.)

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

I think the purpose of those bots is similar to like when the Storm Troopers in Star Wars seemed to run away from Han Solo but in fact they were leading him to the rest of the Storm Troopers. lol

Prepare for Overload…

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Challenge Mode Difficulty on Build 83 (There are way too many Ogres) Next Topic: Everspace Expansion