The discussion has moved over to Discord

RSS Feed

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    fletchfletch
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

The game looks cool so far but I didn’t get to play it all that much yet. I have always played Descent since the first Desecent 1 demo with a mouse/key combo. The difference is I always used the mouse for sliding. These days everyone uses the mouse for turning and I just can’t get used to that. I am really looking forward to a game that is single player based first. Never was much on multiplayer features. I think flexibility in how the controls are set up is important and may have contributed to Descent’s success in the first place. Just my two cents for now…

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

You have nothing to worry about with this team; they’re on top of it.

Prepare for Overload…

fletchfletch
    Kickstarter Backer

That’s good to know… I trust in the wisdom of the original makers. Looking forward to a great game!

fletchfletch
    Kickstarter Backer

Downloaded the November demo… Unless I am missing something there is still no mouse sliding (x/y axis)
    Doesn’t seem like it has been a priority…and this is near final version? Did I wast my money or what?

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Downloaded the November demo… Unless I am missing something there is still no mouse sliding (x/y axis)
    Doesn’t seem like it has been a priority…and this is near final version? Did I wast my money or what?

It’s still just a demo. We’re *months* away from the final version. We still have a few months before the Beta, and then a few months after that (hopefully) we’ll have the final release.

Still, maybe ask about it at feedback@revivalprod.com.

Prepare for Overload…

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

This is not near the final version. The final version is months away (I think around April/May iirc). Either way, this is a Demo just to show basic gameplay/weapons/bots and a few other things (energy centers, etc). This isn’t meant to be near the complete version. From what I’ve seen so far, they are concentrating more on game assets (making levels for campaign, finalizing weapon look/feel, making sure all the hard bugs are fixed, creating detailed textures/3d decals/new bots/bot behaivor, even the HUD and look of the menu had a recent facelift) and less on things that won’t take as much time to do (like menu options/look, finalizing the cockpit, etc). Let alone the entire lack of the single player campaign/story. Considering we are roughly half way through development (based on original timetable), I think we are in pretty good shape. I’d wait until at least the beta before criticizing too much (though feel free to suggest things).

I do think we should have mouse sliding, and I hope Revival adds it in the game, but I wouldn’t expect to have that option this early in development. I agree with Twocables, it might be a good idea to email revival to make sure they see that it’s a wanted feature.

As far as wasting money, well only you can determine that yourself, but I would say that you did pay money for a game before you were certain that it would/wouldn’t have that feature in it. You may have done so because you have faith in the original developers of Descent, and much like the rest of us, have hope that the end result will be worth every penny spent. The most I can say to that is, so far, I have no reason not to think they won’t deliver a quality game that will blow me away, but believe me, if they don’t, I’ll be the first to say so. All I’m asking for is to at least wait until the beta or release of the game before you start thinking you wasted your money.

mike
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I was a huge fan of Descent when it first came out – in fact it’s the only game (along with Descent II) that I ever really played, as it put everything else in the shade, and I played it a LOT (including my own levels). The massive 7-level demo with the boss at the end must have been a risk at the time, but it proved to be a master stroke. I always played with a keyboard, controlling all movement with the numberpad and all else with the left hand. I’ve tried the Overload demo with a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X joystick, but for me it seems far too sensitive (I know that this will be adjustable), so I bought the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (Stealth) 2016 keyboard (with free Taipan mouse at the moment on the Razer site), and it’s sensational. Also too sensitive, making aiming difficult, but in terms of movement & gameplay it’s taken me back 20 years. And that’s a good thing – Descent with modern graphics. Wow.

fletchfletch
    Kickstarter Backer

As of version .85 build 104 mouse sliding is officially in the game!!
    Thanks to the developers for working on it!
    Still a few bugs to be worked out in it but I have faith that all will be good in the end.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Lots of love for Overload and for everyone at Revival Productions! Next Topic: Important question about hostages!