The discussion has moved over to Discord

RSS Feed
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    darthkarkidarthkarki
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 88

Just started having a weird control issue, even though the latest update was working fine a few days ago. Sometimes when I start the game it’ll act as though I’m holding the down button in the menu – it’ll scroll down and not let me go back up to click any of the other buttons besides the bottom one. If I force close and restart the menus might work the next time, but in game I have the same issue, I move backwards and can’t stop.

I play with an Xbox One controller and tried resetting the bindings to default but that didn’t help. When I tried recalibrating the left stick, X is stuck at -0.11 and Y is -1.00 and moving the stick doesn’t change those values, so it seems like it’s reading some phantom input that’s stuck at those and not reading my actual controller.

Anyone else have any similar issues? I uninstalled and reintsalled the game but that didn’t help, are there any registry settings in particular that might be related?

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

Hmmm, we haven’t had this issue come up. Can you make sure it isn’t your controller? Is it happening with any other games? To test inputs:
    on Windows 10, go:
    1. Windows Key + i -> Devices -> Devices & Printers (under Bluetooth & other devices)
    2. Find the Controller in question & right click on it, selecting Game Controller Settings
    3. Click on the properties of that controller
    4. You should be able to test the inputs – make sure everything looks right here

If it is not the controller, did any Overload settings get changed right before this started?
    Thanks for the help!

darthkarkidarthkarki
    Kickstarter Backer

Sorry, totally forgot to mention that yes I tested the controller in Windows and it’s working fine, also no issues in other games.

No settings changed in Overload that I am aware of, it was working a few days ago as I was testing out the new update, but then one time I launched it and it started having this issue.

Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team
    Topics: 22

darthkarki,

I’m sorry you’re having problems. That’s a weird one.

I suggest deleting your pilot files and seeing if that helps. The files (on Windows) are located in

C:\Users\\AppData\LocalLow\Revival\Overload

In the game, make sure you’re using the default pilot and then delete default.xprefs and default.xconfig. But make a copy of them first so we can look at them if that’s the problem.

If the problem goes away after you delete the files, then please email the old files to me at mtoschlog@revivalprod.com.

Thanks,

– Matt

darthkarkidarthkarki
    Kickstarter Backer

So… I start the game to switch the profile, and it’s working just fine now… No idea what the problem was 😀 I do have the Overload appdata folder backed up if you do want any of the files, but not sure that’ll help now.

Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team
    Topics: 22

darthkarki,

Strange. Let me know if it happens again.

– Matt

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Toggle between square and circular joystick/thumbsitck ranges Next Topic: slide 8