The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Overload Early Release Version Bug Reports and Questions CPU-related performance drops

RSS Feed

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nop 11 Mar 2018 @ 3:48pm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Yinut
    Yinut
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 55

There appear to be some fairly serious performance drops in CM now. It seems to be CPU related, as I noticed considerable spikes in task manager. It appears to be related to bots spawning and possibly to their newly implemented ai behaviours. My fps was a rock solid 60+ at all times and I am currently using a 1070, so it can’t be that. The CPU I’m using is an AMD FX-8320. These performance drops seem to be a new thing.

flyingtiger
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

I’m on the same boat as Yinut. 1070, i7 6700K. On the last build, I had some performance drops only once in a while, but I’m getting them a lot more consistently. I think it happens when a lot of bots spawn around the same time, but that’s a wild guess. For some reason, it happens more in Syrinx or Centrifuge. It goes from a consistent 90-110 fps to 30-40 quite often, and it stays that way for a while (the fps doesn’t always go back up when the bots are destroyed).

Yinut
    Yinut
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 55

Ok I swapped my GPU to an RX 580 and things seem to have gotten better. Micro-stutters here and there, but no bottlenecking/apparent throttling.

nop
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 12

For Win10 users:

Microsoft introduced severe micro-stuttering (up to 0.2 seconds) with its Fall Creators Update. The next Win10 update (Redstone 4) seems to have fixed the problem.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: screen jutter with rift in VR mode with 'screen space reflections' on Next Topic: Amid Evil