The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Classic 6DOF Games Descent 1 & 2 Demo Playthrough — 100% Rooms, Robots, Secrets

RSS Feed
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CHILLYBUSCHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 173

Hey everyone! did a long-ass video of the 10 levels from the Descent demos, with some boring-ass commentary to boot. Lots of my-firsts and many hours of time were dumped into these classics from my childhood. I haven’t revisited Descent except as a conversion mission for D2, so playing D1X-Re was a blast from the past music-wise. I *think* I hit just about every room, robot (within reason — not exhausting the maker walls), and secret in these 10 levels.

This was intended as a 10-subscriber-special video so if you’ve subbed to my yt channel (or watch this video), thanks! If not, understandable!

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

Descent hype!

Only 55 hours put into Overload? 😉

I’ve also never heard of the spinning ship out of control thing, probably something young you made up 😉

And not a single automap was used that day 😉

Robots containing other robots can be pretty cool, I wonder how difficult that would be to do in Overload.

As far as music goes, the level 8 music is my favorite in all of D1.

So many secrets!

Gauss is love, gauss is life!

You didn’t play the secret level 🙁

Homing flash missiles are evil!

Nice video! 🙂

CHILLYBUSCHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 173

Nope, no automap! I can do most of DII without it but I do need the guidebot starting in the fire levels. Gauss holds vintage appeal over the MD so it’s my fave gun in the series. Secret level wasn’t in the demo and flying in to check out the cube would have sent me to it so I just paused in front of it for a second.

Thanks so much for watching!!

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Respawning Enemies Next Topic: Keyboard overlay and new top score on Syrinx Countdown Ace