The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Classic 6DOF Games Descent 3 level "Origin Zero" … meaning?

RSS Feed
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    defconxdefconx
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 70

Was the point of the eerie level “Original Zero” that the virus actually came from hell?

There is this kind of spooky pentagram and that’s how the level ends? It seemed like a big allusion to the idea that the “alien” virus actually came from a dimension of evil.

WhitesharkWhiteshark
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 61

Yeah, please explanations on this! I thought it would just be a secret weapons lab where you’ll find the omega cannon.

Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 88

To tell you the truth, I don’t really remember. But I doubt that we meant to imply that the virus came from hell; the Descent story is definitely science fiction and the hell element wouldn’t fit.

Pyro-GXPyro-GX
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 24

Was the point of the eerie level “Original Zero” that the virus actually came from hell?

There is this kind of spooky pentagram and that’s how the level ends? It seemed like a big allusion to the idea that the “alien” virus actually came from a dimension of evil.

If I remember correctly, the virus was created by some insect-like aliens that were destroyed in level 4 of the Descent 3 Mercenary expansion pack (3rd favorite D3 level).

Origin Zero kinda seemed like a fun tangential story section that was not fully developed.

d3jaked3jake
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 118

Which level was “Original Zero” in anyhow? I don’t remember it at all.

d3maniac
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

If I remember correctly, the virus was created by some insect-like aliens that were destroyed in level 4 of the Descent 3 Mercenary expansion pack (3rd favorite D3 level).

Origin Zero kinda seemed like a fun tangential story section that was not fully developed.

Just out of curiosity, what are you top favorite D3 levels, is Merc L4 is your 3rd?

DiamondWolf
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 57

Semi-Necro

I remember hearing that Origin Zero was a collection of ideas that never fell through. I could see the red thing in the red room (the thing that looks like it could be an eye) being a wind tunnel.

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Are you sure Pyro?
    I remember there being text logs on that map that implied the planetoid was mined out by humans who found the insects and studied them, and never mentioned the virus at all.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Reset preferences? Next Topic: Merry Christmas