The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Community Hijinks and Random Stuff Descent inspired embroidered screen in progress

RSS Feed
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 122

Maybe good and stylish solution would be if the rest of the background done in batik style. It’s not as hard as embroidery. And will look good on the window. May be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batik

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

Thanks for the suggestion Sigma. I actually have some batik fabric that plan to use to make cloths in the future. For the screen though I’m committed to embroidering the whole thing. I want a consistent texture all the way and I started the project because I actually wanted to do something repetitive and time-consuming. It a great thing to do while I watch TV shows. 😉

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer

Wow it’s been a long time since I posted an update on this! I’m still going at it and I still feel like the slowest printer in the world. I’ve gotten through about half of the black so I felt like letting the world that the project is alive and well. 🙂
    half done with black

rapturraptur
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 134

That’s really cool 😀 Has it ever been revealed why the lifter on the box is brown but the ones in the game are green?

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer

The real question is “Why did they put a Descent 1 bot on the Descent 2 box?” He’s brown because the equivalent bot in D2 is brown.

Descent 1 Lifter
    D1 Lifter

Descent 2 Box
    D2 Box

Descent 2 Diamond Claw
    D2 DClaw

maj6maj6
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Really awesome work; I can’t wait to see it when it’s done!

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Videos/feedback on august demo please! Next Topic: I love the Flak Cannon!