The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Classic 6DOF Games Descent is back on GOG?

RSS Feed
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mike Kulas
    Overload Team
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 186

Descent is authorized to be sold on Steam. I would expect it to happen this week, though I’m not sure.

Hmm, I think I might buy it for the convenience…:)

slinkyw
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 9

Does Olde Skuul manage it though?

D2DiscipleD2Disciple
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 81

Great news! I’d buy them, but they’ve been in my library ever since they went on sale the first time, and frequently rotate through backup folder in various Dosbox- and Rebirth-related forms.

I feel sure my original discs are floating around my house somewhere too, although I’m willing to bet they were destroyed in a hot-water-heater-flooding situation a year or so ago…

slinkyw
    Participant

well anything like expansion packs are on gog again so really you havent lost anything irreplaceable

slinkyw
    Participant

I know Interplay got an influx of capital because they are gearing up to be sold

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Great news! I’d buy them, but they’ve been in my library ever since they went on sale the first time, and frequently rotate through backup folder in various Dosbox- and Rebirth-related forms.

I feel sure my original discs are floating around my house somewhere too, although I’m willing to bet they were destroyed in a hot-water-heater-flooding situation a year or so ago…

So you mean they’re floating around literally… 😮

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

D2DiscipleD2Disciple
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 81

So you mean they’re floating around literally… 😮

Yeeeeah. My wife and I were on vacation last year, and when we came home and hit the garage door opener, water came rushing out of the garage. The hot water heater sprung a leak, and it kept trying to refill. Practically everything not elevated off the floor was destroyed, including a box of old video games… Sad times.

TrackTrack
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8
    slinkyw
    Participant

Descent 3 wont be on steam, because interplay doesnt want to make it work like GOG will try, thats why its on GOG.com

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

They had it on steam before, so they probably have a working version already.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

SiriusSirius
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 406

D3 is up on Steam now, so yes. Someone’s working weekends… 😉

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: questions about music, mods, and savegame versions Next Topic: Creating new pilot then back to default removes local leaderboard history