The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Overload Early Release Version Difference between Teaser 2.0 and Early Release?

RSS Feed

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  distantreach 13 Mar 2017 @ 1:31pm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

distantreach
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Hey Folks,

I just bought and started playing the early release version that’s on steam. Not sure if there’s a difference between the versions (or not much of one). I was under the impression there would be one more playable level and a new missile. Haven’t found either of those yet.

Let me know if I misunderstood. I checked the news page and there isn’t any news about the early release version. Perhaps there’s an update coming soon?

Thanks!

DRG.

Luke Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 115

The focus of the Early Release is Challenge Mode. There are 2 new CM levels, along with 5 (I think) new robots, and 2 new primary weapons. All of those are seen in CM only currently.

The next drop (2-3 weeks) will have a new SP level. If you read the “About This Game” section on Steam’s Store page, you’ll get more info about what’s coming and when.

Luke

Mike Kulas
    Overload Team
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 186

And the EA release has leaderboards! I might be able to set a #1 in some Countdown mode, but not for much longer.

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Hey Folks,

I just bought and started playing the early release version that’s on steam. Not sure if there’s a difference between the versions (or not much of one). I was under the impression there would be one more playable level and a new missile. Haven’t found either of those yet.

Let me know if I misunderstood. I checked the news page and there isn’t any news about the early release version. Perhaps there’s an update coming soon?

Thanks!

DRG.

It sounds to me like you were looking at the Early Access Roadmap and thought that it was talking about what’s already in Early Access. The roadmap is referring to what’s coming. Everything that’s listed before you scroll down to the Early Access Roadmap is what’s already in. The Early Access Roadmap is talking about the first update which hasn’t happened yet.

There are actually many differences and improvements already, but the content is *mostly* the same. I highly and enthusiastically recommend that you compare the new Playable Teaser with Early Access so that you can discover what’s different and improved and new.

Prepare for Overload…

distantreach
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Thanks for the quick replies!

Yes, to be clear I was just unsure what was/wasn’t supposed to be there. So thanks for clarifying. This is a me problem, not a game problem 🙂

I thought the challenge mode was different, but honestly in the playable teaser 2.0 I was just focusing on the missions (well, training map and demo map).

Tried my hand at the challenge mode. SO much fun. I’m on the leader boards! Of course on some boards there was only 4 people… but it counts!

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: New Loadout HUD Next Topic: Joystick HAT support