The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Other Games D:U Deal Thread

RSS Feed

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Sigma Sigma 17 Apr 2016 @ 10:27am.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

Moved from another topic

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

TwoCables, Well, since now their plans become more clear, I think I’ll try to make my modest contribution to help the development of D:U. So far, at least I’ll buy the game in the early access.

Yeah, I think you’d better buy it now while the price is still fairly low (it’s on sale for $22.49!). I paid $14.99 for it and at this point with what I’m seeing so far and with what I know of their plans, I feel like I basically stole the game from them. 🙂 The final price when it goes retail will be closer to $50 or $60.

Sure, I am not as excited about D:U as I once was thanks to Overload, but still, it’s going to be another epic 6DoF that I can play and it will be in the Descent universe.

* edited by moderator

Prepare for Overload…

Sigma
    Sigma
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 122

Yeah, I think you’d better buy it now while the price is still fairly low (it’s on sale for $22.49!). I paid $14.99 for it and at this point with what I’m seeing so far and with what I know of their plans, I feel like I basically stole the game from them. The final price when it goes retail will be closer to $50 or $60.

I’ll wait for good news, nevertheless. About the current version too many bad feedback.

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Yeah, I think you’d better buy it now while the price is still fairly low (it’s on sale for $22.49!). I paid $14.99 for it and at this point with what I’m seeing so far and with what I know of their plans, I feel like I basically stole the game from them. The final price when it goes retail will be closer to $50 or $60.

I’ll wait for good news, nevertheless. About the current version too many bad feedback.

The price is only going to get higher and higher.

Prepare for Overload…

tueidj
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 64

Have you not heard of Steam sales or Humble Bundle? I guarantee it will show up for under $10 within 12 months of being released.

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Have you not heard of Steam sales or Humble Bundle? I guarantee it will show up for under $10 within 12 months of being released.

Sigh. Of course I have, but I’m just telling him what Wingman has said many times now.

Prepare for Overload…

tueidj
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 64

Well duh, when every sale means more money in his pocket (and Overload’s shadow now looming over them) what else do you expect him to say?

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Well duh, when every sale means more money in his pocket (and Overload’s shadow now looming over them) what else do you expect him to say?

No, he’s been saying that for several months now in Wingman’s Hangar. He’s been saying that the price is only going to continue to go higher. Yes, obviously there will be Steam sales and other sales that they put on, but the normal price right now is $29.99. It’s obvious when he mentions this that reason he reminds everyone that it’s only going to go higher is so that people can get the game at a lower price while they can. He is encouraging everyone to spend less, rather than waiting and spending more.

Prepare for Overload…

Sigma
    Sigma
    Kickstarter Backer

Quite the contrary, it seems they are trying to sell the wheel of the car at the price of half the cost of the whole machine, and in the base, then even further to pay for each option separately.

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Quite the contrary, it seems they are trying to sell the wheel of the car at the price of half the cost of the whole machine, and in the base, then even further to pay for each option separately.

What are you talking about? You pay just ONE TIME for Descent Underground. If you buy the Early Access right now, then that’s all you will EVER have to pay for it. When it goes retail, you won’t have to pay any extra. How do I know? I asked Eric “Wingman” Peterson a few months ago.

I paid $14.99 for it. When it goes retail, I have the retail copy and I will still have only paid $14.99 for it. So, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Prepare for Overload…

Sigma
    Sigma
    Kickstarter Backer

OK, please tell me where it is written. Not said, and written. Where a full description and release date?

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

OK, please tell me where it is written. Not said, and written. Where a full description and release date?

They can’t give an exact release date. Do you know why? Because just like anything else you do in life, it will be done when they finish. You see, they don’t have some big giant money-hungry corporation breathing down their necks telling them that they must finish by a specific date. They are their own bosses. Did you know that? So, the release date will come when they are finished.

If you absolutely must have SOME sort of a “release date”, then here: they have estimated that at their current rate of production, they should be able to go retail sometime this November or December. That’s assuming that nothing causes any more delays.

Regarding your asking for something written down: it’s all in several Wingman’s Hangar episodes. Watch them and see for yourself.

Prepare for Overload…

Sigma
    Sigma
    Kickstarter Backer

They can’t give an exact release date. Do you know why? Because just like anything else you do in life, it will be done when they finish. You see, they don’t have some big giant money-hungry corporation breathing down their necks telling them that they must finish by a specific date. They are their own bosses. Did you know that? So, the release date will come when they are finished.

If you absolutely must have SOME sort of a “release date”, then here: they have estimated that at their current rate of production, they should be able to go retail sometime this November or December. That’s assuming that nothing causes any more delays.

You did not say anything new, the majority of us know very well who controls Interplay since 2001, their tactics do not shine with originality and deserves only contempt on the part of gamers.

As for the lack of a written detailed description of the content and the date of delivery of the final version for buyers of the game in early access, quite interesting, that you have focused on the fact that it is interesting only to me, but not for all of us )

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

You did not say anything new, the majority of us know very well who controls Interplay since 2001, their tactics do not shine with originality and deserves only contempt on the part of gamers.

As for the lack of a written detailed description of the content and the date of delivery of the final version for buyers of the game in early access, quite interesting, that you have focused on the fact that it is interesting only to me, but not for all of us )

Interplay has absolutely nothing to do with Descent Underground. Descendent Studios is the development team for D:U, and they are an INDEPENDENT team. Do you know what that means?

Here’s just a small taste of what that means: there is no release date. They can only make an estimate based on what they have left to do and how much time they think it will take them to accomplish all of it. Think about it: when you start on a huge project, do YOU know precisely when you will finish? No. You finish when you finish. It’s as simple as that.

Prepare for Overload…

Sigma
    Sigma
    Kickstarter Backer

@twocables, Well, unfortunately, due to the economic crisis, now I’m not in the same good state as two years ago to throw money right and left and then sit around and wait indefinitely. Hopefully, by the time when the situation improves, D:U will do something interesting.
    And while, I’m going to play in Sol Contingency and Overload, I really enjoyed it.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Controls: Bank On Next Topic: Pledge Upped!