The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Single Player Campaign Energy to shield converter?

RSS Feed
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    a23857738
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 5

Any plans to add an energy to shield converter to the game like in Descent 2? There were a lot of times during the campaign I really wished I had one!

CDN_MerlinCDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 243

I agree. I enjoyed that in D2.

Pyro-GXPyro-GX
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 24

Something for Overload 2?

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Any plans to add an energy to shield converter to the game like in Descent 2? There were a lot of times during the campaign I really wished I had one!

This may have to be something they would have to do in Overload 2, if they get enough sales for a sequel. In this release of Overload, there isn’t an Accessories system for the ship like the Pyro-GX has. If I recall, I think the Accessories in D2 are: Headlight, Afterburner, Ammo Rack, and of course the Energy to Shield Converter.

Rest assured though that this has been requested many times. I admit though that from day 1 of the release of the first Playable Teaser in February 2016 all the way up until the May 31st 2018 release, I never felt a need for an Energy to Armor Converter. However, now after playing through the entire campaign and playing levels that are more challenging, there have *finally* been times where I wanted or needed an Energy to Armor Converter.

Prepare for Overload…

PDXGeekPDXGeek
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

I would rather see more features and refinements added to Overload versus shooting for and Overload 2. If the sales are good, and I am going to do all I can to help out, it would be great to see some small add on level packs. Maybe even some things like ship customization’s (without changing the current hurt box of course) or other items that wouldn’t make a pay to win game while creating additional content and features.

-=PDXGeek=-

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

But a sequel would take advantage of advances with Unity and video game graphics technology in general. In addition, you’d get a brand new story (likely a continuation of what Overload has now), and probably new bots, new weapons, etc. Basically, you’d get things that you can only get in a sequel. It would let this release of Overload stay the way it is while giving us an entirely new game. The sequel could have a new player ship that would have a logical reason for putting an Energy to Armor Converter in the game. It could also have Picture-in-Picture style views for rear view and the missile camera. The game could also be designed in a way so that Guided Missiles are needed and make sense to have. You’d also have new boss robots, etc. I think the list could go on and on.

I can tell you from my experience watching this grow over the past 2 years that there’s a good chance they will continue refining and polishing and improving Overload for quite some time. Right now though, they have to remain focused on finishing Overload for the consoles and they also have to update the PC build so that it can have all the optimizations and other improvements that have been made along the way while finishing the game for the consoles.

After that, there’s no telling what they will do. I expect them to continue working on this release of Overload until they are reasonably satisfied enough that they can stop working on it and focus o something else, such as the sequel or maybe the spiritual successor to FreeSpace that they said they would love to do.

Prepare for Overload…

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: How to check your blindspots in multiplayer Next Topic: Joystick sensitivity/setting issues