The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development Feedback from a younger generation

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 115

We were watching the teaser video on YT, my son did not like the rocky tunnels, he said it reminded him of D.Underground. I agree, kids think they are in futuristic space stations, mines, tunnels in space. The Rocky tunnels look lackluster, boring and like you are below the surface of a planet making the experience less than stellar.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

But we *ARE* below the surface. We really are underground.

I don’t anticipate the “natural” areas of these underground environments to remain as plain as we are seeing right now. I am expecting to see a large amount of variety with different natural textures and colors and features. That’s what this team is known for. See Descent 1 and 2.

Prepare for Overloadā€¦

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant

shhhh, you are ruining our experience, interpretation ! šŸ™‚

Yeah, those rounded rocky tunnels need to go. YUCK!

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Seriously though, that’s what Revival Productions has told us; we are underground beneath the surface of whatever planet we happen to be “on”.

I donā€™t anticipate the ā€œnaturalā€ areas of these underground environments to remain as plain as we are seeing right now. I am expecting to see a large amount of variety with different natural textures and colors and features. Thatā€™s what this team is known for. See Descent 1 and 2.

Prepare for Overloadā€¦

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

shhhh, you are ruining out repression, experience, interpretation ! šŸ™‚

Yeah, those rounded rocky tunnels need to go. YUCK!

They won’t go away, they will be improved.

To be honest with you, I love them. I think it’s a great start.

Prepare for Overloadā€¦

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant

I hope so too!

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

I’m not hoping; I’m passing along things that Revival Productions have said and hinted at.

Prepare for Overloadā€¦

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant

thus, theres 2 cables, I get it! Thanks.

We played D1 and D2 rebirth today on the HTPC right after some Xbox and PS3 games. No comparison, Descent was the most fun, still after all these years. Many of the young generation has missed out simply because it never hit the console scene (well PS1 it did, but that release was not really that great due to the limitations of that console) and there was the rumor of the Wii version, which in retrospect kinda glad it did not happened for the same reason. THE TIME IS NOW!

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

It’s a great time to be on this planet!

Prepare for Overloadā€¦

DarkhorseDarkhorse
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 127

I’m hoping the tunnel textures and geometry can be customized to display the geology a little more. We’ve got a degree of fractal generation that brings a logical improvement on the very unrealistic Descent mines, but it could be pushed a step further and get some extra variety in the process.

Goznik
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 119

I totally love the look of the natural areas in Overload and I think there is a good balance between the man made and natural areas, but I would love to see more interesting rock types.

I also love the round tunnels in D:U, they look like real excavated tunnels.

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Itā€™s a great time to be on this planet!

Or under it? šŸ˜›

I totally love the look of the natural areas in Overload and I think there is a good balance between the man made and natural areas, but I would love to see more interesting rock types.

That, and I think it wouldn’t hurt to have a few small futuristic doodads hanging off the walls just to remind you “YOU’RE IN SPAAAAAAAAAACE!”

Shipā€™s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant

Maybe a titan like planet with methane seas/rain, and mountains, rocks made of ice! If we are going to see rocks, lets get some weather events, sea of lava erupting from somewhere.

We love rainy days in Need For Speed, it would be interesting in this project.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

We won’t see areas big enough for underground weather. They’re against doing anything like Descent 3 (and personally, I’m extremely glad they are). For everything else though, I am remembering that they have said we will have a very nice variety of natural textures and interesting terrains and whatnot.

Prepare for Overloadā€¦

d3jaked3jake
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 118

In one of the Q&A videos, it was said that there would be a variety of mission locations: Mines, control rooms, glimpses to the outside/space, etc. Although the bulk of gameplay will be in mines, there will be more than that.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: XBOX ONE S Next Topic: Mac gamepad support