The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development First Impressions and ideas

RSS Feed

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    fuldusfuldus
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hey everyone, I must say I’m very impressed with the way Overload is shaping up so far. I discovered this project by accident and as a huge fan of the Descent games I had to jump on board.

The game plays beautifully, its fast paced, atmospheric and huge fun; honestly not since Doom 2016 have I had such a huge smile on my face and when you consider that this is also a love letter to a classic game that is a very good thing 🙂 I also like the way the game refuses to pull its punches, you often times feel claustrophobic and alone, and when the scary AI manages to corner you, you are thoroughly punished.

I would say going towards release to continue with the current trend, make the weapons feel powerful, make the robots and the environments as creepy as possible and as much as possible make individual levels feel unique. As far as Ship customization is concerned, one idea I have would be the ability to change the beam color of the impulse, and/or other weapons, to a specified color, which would be a nice nod to the laser varieties of Descent. If I have more ideas I’ll let you know.

In conclusion, awesome job so far and many thanks for bringing this to us, your talent as game developers is wonderful to see and I wish you all the best going forward.

Mike Kulas
    Overload Team
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 186

Thanks for the feedback, fuldus. Glad you’re enjoying Overload!

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 115

These guys are not just programmers/developers, they are artists. Thats why they and their work stand out amongst all the others. Pure talent!!

fuldusfuldus
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Agree with you there, considering the tiny budget these guys have had to work with they’ve made something truly incredible, a true testament to their talent. When you see some of the tripe that comes out of AAA games with their multi million budgets these days, and then you see Overload, its like night and day 🙂

snyper
    Participant
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 9

I agree. There has always been something about Descent. Something that has kept me playing the Descent games since the 90’s. It’s the people that made it. They really are something special.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Yoshi's Videos from Drop 8.5 Next Topic: How to get hundreds of kills in CM infinite with minimal effort + CM feedback