The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Overload Early Release Version Bug Reports and Questions Flak damage awarded when it isn't used

RSS Feed
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ryguy64
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

I was playing a few rounds of countdown when I noticed that I was getting credit for small amounts of damage with the Flak cannon even when I didn’t use it. I only noticed this when I would play the whole round only using Cyclone as my primary. If I used any other weapon along with Cyclone I wouldn’t get the same results. You can see what I mean in this picture.

The damage was usually very low, but was as high as 50 once. I don’t recall what level this was, but I know I saw it happen in at least 2 levels. This is playing the latest build on Steam.

luponixluponix
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 24

Hm i have a small amount of this damage that i didnt cause with every weapon i pick up. its not gamebreaking but it would be interesting to know what causes it

•[OOTS]•

Prepare for Multiplayer

CHILLYBUSCHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 173

seconded — been around for a couple cycles now. wonder what causes it!

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

Bots can damage each other with splash damage giving you an “extra” weapon in stats

rapturraptur
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 134

That sounds like a bug to me?

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

I see this with any starting weapons that I don’t use almost every run. Besides, what bot has Flak or Crusher? I get credit for damage from those when I never fire a single bullet.

It’s not exactly a game breaking bug, just weird.

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Pretty sure Ogre uses flak. Don’t know about crusher.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

BartSavagewoodBartSavagewood
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 6

Sorry for bumping a month and a half old thread, but I was going to post about this one, and it makes more sense to me to bump it than to start a new thread…

I noticed this oddity in Syrinx. I was trying to play it as long as I could using only smash damage (then I end up encountering Reavers, yeah so much for that…) I picked up the Driller along the way. After a bit, I thought I’d check the damage I’d dealt out. Interesting that I had given 1 point of damage from the Driller, when I hadn’t even cycled through the weapons to it. Even more interesting was the 3 points of damage that I had dealt out with the Flak. I didn’t even have it in my arsenal, and hadn’t seen it in the level waiting to be picked up (maybe it’s there somewhere). Also had 4 points from missile pods, and while I don’t think I used any, I’m not certain of that.

Hardly a big deal, I know. Doesn’t affect the game. Thought it was worth a mention, but I wouldn’t want the team working late fixing it…

Have a great weekend everyone!

LotharBot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 133

IIRC it was determined that you sometimes got credit for when an enemy hit you and splashed another enemy with their weapon.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Thunderbolt damage during red fade-in Next Topic: Hive Insane Infinite – 243 kills 354K points