The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Website and Forum Feedback FORUM FIX UP

RSS Feed

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    tueidj
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 64

We have a new bug though. I’ll try to describe it:

In a list of threads, ciicking the date and time link underneath a username brings me to a page where the only thing I see is a Reply editor.

Editing a post and then clicking Submit results in being brought to that same page – a reply editor.

That’s the same bug that I just described. The generated links for jumping directly to specific posts aren’t getting the right page numbers (they’re usually too high, occasionally they are correct and the links work as expected) so they open the reply form instead.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

We have a new bug though. I’ll try to describe it:

In a list of threads, ciicking the date and time link underneath a username brings me to a page where the only thing I see is a Reply editor.

Editing a post and then clicking Submit results in being brought to that same page – a reply editor.

That’s the same bug that I just described. The generated links for jumping directly to specific posts aren’t getting the right page numbers (they’re usually too high, occasionally they are correct and the links work as expected) so they open the reply form instead.

I confess that I didn’t read any of the posts since my last post because I’m not feeling 100% right now. Maybe I need more caffeine, I don’t know. I just know that I just want to be more like a vegetable right now.

So, I apologize.

Prepare for Overload…

CDN_MerlinCDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 243

So I still have an issue with the “Show posts since last visit” link.

I just clicked it and it showed me nothing. I went into the Demo forum and clicked on the post for “NEW Playable Teaser Build (5): Now available” and it had new posts.

So how much am I missing during a day? I think it only works correctly after I haven’t come to check in hours. But if I come back within an hour or 2 then it seems to not work.

sushicw
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 21

I’m finding it impossible to comment in certain threads. Attempting to do so results in no error message and no message posted on the thread.

e.g. I can’t post to this thread: https://playoverload.com/forums/topic/steam-workshop/

Enzo03Enzo03
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

One of the users here, Blarget2 is unable to use this website anymore. What he did was he mistyped his password several times.

As of now, when he attempts to go to any page on the website, the only thing that shows up on his browser is “Error”. There’s no codes like 503 or 404, just one word in plain text: Error.

I’d almost like to try this myself but I’d be afraid of being locked out 😛

krayzkrokkrayzkrok
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 185

The “New posts since last visit” link has worked twice for me in the last week (promoting a small cheer) but most of the time it just gives me “Oh bother! No topics were found here!” despite there definitely being new posts since my last visit which is usually the day before.

Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 88

I’m not sure what was going on but I checked with Blarget2 and everything is working fine for him now.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

I see the new preview system, but there’s a bug: any time an apostrophe or a quote is used, it is preceeded by a backslash. Interestingly, backslashes don’t show up in the previewer.

I’d also rather be able to manually update it and display it by clicking a Preview button (it would always need to be there on every editor). Of course, I don’t know what’s possible with this forum’s platform.

Prepare for Overload…

HumpX
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 0

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Tried posting a humorous post using the cyberman 2 image but eveidently the EDITED here are too afraid of spam. Starting to regret I contributed to this project at all.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Why is HumpX’s post still here? Cathy, can you delete it please?

Prepare for Overload…

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

@TwoCables I edited the post to remove offensive language and private messaged. Think everything was settled very amicably. If HumpX would like me to delete the post I will; otherwise I feel it’s been taken care of.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

@TwoCables I edited the post to remove offensive language and private messaged. Think everything was settled very amicably. If HumpX would like me to delete the post I will; otherwise I feel it’s been taken care of.

Oh, well I doubt he’s coming back and that post of his is kind of seems like a stain on this forum. I guess if I were a moderator, then I would have deleted that post just as soon as he made it.

Prepare for Overload…

krayzkrokkrayzkrok
    Kickstarter Backer

The “New posts since last visit” button was working well there for a few days last week, but it’s broken for me again.

krayzkrokkrayzkrok
    Kickstarter Backer

New topics since last visit has now changed to Unread topics and appears to be working perfectly. Thanks. 🙂

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

@krayzkrok Hope that method is okay. We were having a lot of trouble with what was considered “last visit” and how it updated the list. I figured this gave most of the function people would use and got rid of the frustration.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Bots fight each other… Next Topic: Environments: Share your ideas