The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Website and Forum Feedback FORUM FIX UP

RSS Feed

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    PyroJockey
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 63

@krayzkrok Hope that method is okay. We were having a lot of trouble with what was considered “last visit” and how it updated the list. I figured this gave most of the function people would use and got rid of the frustration.

Hi Cathy.

I have 8 pages of topics marked as “unread” and I am not going to read through them all. Is there a “mark all as read” function available?

Thanks.

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow stuff up.

CDN_MerlinCDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 243

Same here, it should remember after we chose “show unread” that once we leave the site and come back later that it should not show us the same posts unless there has been new posts within it.

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

Agreed! We want to be able to mark topics (and all topics) as read.

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team

Okay, there is now a “Mark all as Read” button, and if you click the little gray envelope tag on the left of the topic, you can mark individual topics as read (which removes them from the list).

Also have chat up!

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

It’s getting better here all the time, except now I can’t access this site at all. In order to access it, I have to use the Tor web browser.

Am I the only one having problems accessing the site or what?

Prepare for Overload…

A Future Pilot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 65

Something I noticed that I don’t know if it’s been reported yet:

The post preview doesn’t parse html or special characters. (So you see a bunch of <br> tags and backslashes in front of apostrophes and such).

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Yep, the Preview feature isn’t a true preview.

Prepare for Overload…

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

The chat button thing on the bottom-right is covering up the ‘top’ button that instantly scrolls you to the top of the page.

I would like to be able to hide this chat button too.

Prepare for Overload…

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team

@TwoCables, are you still having issues accessing the site? Over the last couple days we’ve been working on it a lot and I’m wondering if that interfered somehow. Also, the top button goes above the chat bar on my display; is it completely covered for you?

Hmm, preview isn’t showing tags for me…

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

@TwoCables, are you still having issues accessing the site? Over the last couple days we’ve been working on it a lot and I’m wondering if that interfered somehow. Also, the top button goes above the chat bar on my display; is it completely covered for you?

Hmm, preview isn’t showing tags for me…

The only way I can access the site now is with some browser called “Tor” (www.torproject.org). Apparently, it accesses the web through something called ‘the Tor network’, which is rather indirect I guess. So, I guess it’s like I’m accessing the Overload website from another computer, remotely. I mean, I’m guessing it’s as though I’m on some computer on the Tor network and then accessing the internet from there. I don’t know.

Half of ‘Top’ button is covered. So all I see is the top half of it. Also, the chat seems to automatically come up for me, getting in my way and I have to close it every time I come here.

The Preview is showing this to me right now:

`<br>
    <br>
    The only way I can access the site now is with some browser called \”Tor\” (www.torproject.org). Apparently, it accesses the web through something called \’the Tor network\’, which is rather indirect I guess. So, I guess it\’s like I\’m accessing the Overload website from another computer, remotely. I mean, I\’m guessing it\’s as though I\’m on some computer on the Tor network and then accessing the internet from there. I don\’t know.<br>
    <br>
    Half of \’Top\’ button is covered. So all I see is the top half of it. Also, the chat seems to automatically come up for me, getting in my way and I have to close it every time I come here.<br>
    <br>
    The Preview is showing this to me right now:<br>
    <br>’

It’s worse than that; I see backslashes every time I put in quotes or apostrophes, as you can see above.

Maybe it’s time to switch to IP.Board or something. However, I hear that IP.Chat isn’t all that great.

Prepare for Overload…

PyroJockey
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 63

Okay, there is now a “Mark all as Read” button, and if you click the little gray envelope tag on the left of the topic, you can mark individual topics as read (which removes them from the list).

Also have chat up!

@Cathy,

I used the “Mark all as read” button and that cleared my que, but now all new messages appear to already be marked as read. I see no posts when clicking the Unread Topics link and there are no envelopes displayed in the left side of the forums for unread posts.

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow stuff up.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Matt fixed my access issue by adding my IP address to some kind of a whitelist. Weird.

Anyway, I’ve been meaning to say, I like the hover effect of the chat button. Nice work.

Oh, and I have a temporary workaround for the chat panel getting in the way of the bottom-half of the ‘Top’ button: I used CSS to hide it (partly because it’s also a distraction for me). So now when I want to see it, I just disable that script and it takes just three quick clicks.

I did notice that I could just choose “Offline”, but the panel thing still flashes on a page load and I get the little icon that tells me the chat is currently ‘off’. So, my script hides both the panel and the “power indicator”.

Prepare for Overload…

rapturraptur
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 134

The title of the forums is “Forums Archive.” Often, you “archive” something that is finished, which might give new visitors the impression that the forums are dead or there is a new forum somewhere else they should look for. Maybe just change the title to “Overload Forums”?

CDN_MerlinCDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 243

The “mark forums read” button doesn’t work. I’ve clicked it every time I’ve come here today and when I come back, I still have tons of posts showing up with no new posts.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Bots fight each other… Next Topic: Environments: Share your ideas