The discussion has moved over to Discord

RSS Feed
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    luponixluponix
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 24

I currently have a huge framedrop in 0.9 whenever i enter a rocky cavern
    My framerate drops from 60 to a medium of 40 or sometimes even 30.
    Just to show what i mean

Normally this wouldnt be worth posting but since i think i got a pc that should be able to handle it
    (i7-4790 radeon rx-480 16gb win7 64 bit)
    it bugs me.
    So with this threat i would like to confirm wether its a individual problem by having sth. like a messed up windows installation or if this is common.
    I also noticed that this framerate drop only happens in rocky caverns and not in the ice ones like in blizzard or pipeline.

•[OOTS]•

Prepare for Multiplayer

CHILLYBUSCHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 173

Depends on what kind of video settings you have enabled. Some can really tank the framerate pretty hard. I ran Overload for most of a year on a 4590 and 380X with 16g of ram and most settings disabled until a few patch cycles ago — 1080p was pretty flawless except with a lot of novas detonating or reflex-RF usage, never noticed anything with cavernous areas. Are your drivers up to date? That was a pretty routine boost in my framerates and stability too.

luponixluponix
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 24

i had outdated drivers but that didnt fix it.
    So i went back through the graphics menu and its apparently the option “screen-space-reflections” that causes the drop.
    Whatever that might be
    Ty for making me check the graphic options again

•[OOTS]•

Prepare for Multiplayer

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Quad impulse is VERY loud Next Topic: Back to back invulnerabilities are impossible