The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Other Games Freespace 2 Open

RSS Feed

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Kryyss Kryyss 10 Jul 2018 @ 4:51pm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

snyper
    Participant
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 9

Freespace 2 Open at 2K Ultra-Wide. They made lots of visual improvements in open.

I feel bad for anyone who hasn’t experienced the craziness of Freespace.

foghorn2
    foghorn2
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 115

Id love to try this, but its much to difficult/buggy to install. Its nothing like rebirth for descent.

For that reason, one cant enjoy it.

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Id love to try this, but its much to difficult/buggy to install. Its nothing like rebirth for descent.

For that reason, one cant enjoy it.

I found it to be very easy. Just use the installer. It’s the same thing: install FreeSpace 2 from your CD, and then install FSO using the installer. It’s not difficult or buggy.

Prepare for Overload…

Shroudeye
    Shroudeye
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 84

Speaking of Freespace… Check out this playlist by Fire;Steel: “Freespace the Forgotten Classic”

Pyro-GX
    Pyro-GX
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 24

Speaking of Freespace… Check out this playlist by Fire;Steel: “Freespace the Forgotten Classic”

Thats a great vid series, hope Firesteel ends up finishing it.

FS open is truly one of the greatest things that exists, I’d love for some of the old devs to play it

Kryyss
    Kryyss
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 29

The world is in dire need of a new arcade space sim like Freespace and x-wing vs Tie fighter. There’s far too many realistic space sims which fail to capture the scale of the Freespace ships. The closest and most recent I’ve got in my library is Strike Suit Zero from 2013. And no, Everspace doesn’t count since its more of a rougelike.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Localization Survey Next Topic: Illustrating All-way, Hybrid, and Tri-chord