The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development Future Of Overload, Son is loosing interest > ISSUE RESOLVED! SON LOVES IT!

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 115

No new news, real sad. Only available for purchase on Steam, does not look good for non Steam users.

Xbox live had a free preview last weekend and my son really enjoyed the full version of Minecraft with the mini-games.
    I keep trying to keep him away from the Xbox One and on to the PC (minecraft windows 10 which we paid for) but he keeps going back to the Xbox One.

He also keeps bugging me about buying Everspace (which the trial ran out) for $29. Its a playanywhere title which will play on the Xbox One and PC. Its early access too.

When will the Xbox version be available? Is that plan canned? I dont know how much longer he will care about Overload.
    How come lesser games (opinion) like Everspace be available on Xbox Store with playanywhere but not Overload?

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

Depending on what you consider “new”, I will say that since Overload has been in EA, they have added quite a bit of new content, including new maps, updated lighting/textures on older maps, new weapons, and a ton more. New content will continuously be added every 3-4 weeks until release (according to their steam page). So far, they’ve kept up with their timeframe. For those who have purchased the Early Access, you have access to the EA forums where posts pop up all the time talking about the game/new content/dev feedback. The game is already so much more than the Playable Teaser 2.0 it’s hard to even compare the two. I know that a majority of those who have EA think positively on the progress made so far.

As for the rest of it, I can’t really comment that much. I know those who backed the game prior to Early Access had an option to purchase the Xbox/Playstation/Steam/Non-drm version of the game. I imagine it’ll be like that when the game is released.

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant

Darkwing, you are missing the point, there is nothing new unless you are a Steam Buyer or Backer.
    I’d pay $50 it it were avail standalone PC or on Xbox One.

Theres a whole other market out there.

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

Darkwing, you are missing the point, there is nothing new unless you are a Steam Buyer.
    I’d pay $50 it it were avail standalone PC or on Xbox One.

Theres a whole other market out there.

I think you missed my point. If you had bought the game prior to Early Access, you would have been able to buy it standalone PC or Xbox One. Sure, it may seem odd you can’t during Early Access, but that’s something for the dev team, I was simply informing those who may read this thread that there were options originally and most like will on release. I didn’t see any harm in it.

Also, you originally said “no new news”. You didn’t specify “unless you are a Steam Buyer”. So I guess that was my bad?

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant

Heres my original post:

“No new news, real sad. Only available for purchase on Steam, does not look good for non Steam users.”

Nevermind, Im done with all this carp, moving on. There no sense arguing with “gamers” , the main reason I cant stand the Stream/Gaming community.

Were sticking to RE-Birth, this anit worth the time or effort.

Mike Kulas
    Overload Team
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 186

The Early Access drops are now available DRM-free for Kickstarter backers. We just started this yesterday and we’re working out some kinks, so we haven’t been very public about it.

If you are a backer, please email feedback@revivalprod.com and we’ll get you the necessary information.

If you are not a backer, you can still sign up. Also email feedback@revivalprod.com if you’re interested.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

No new news, real sad. Only available for purchase on Steam, does not look good for non Steam users.

Xbox live had a free preview last weekend and my son really enjoyed the full version of Minecraft with the mini-games.
    I keep trying to keep him away from the Xbox One and on to the PC (minecraft windows 10 which we paid for) but he keeps going back to the Xbox One.

He also keeps bugging me about buying Everspace (which the trial ran out) for $29. Its a playanywhere title which will play on the Xbox One and PC. Its early access too.

When will the Xbox version be available? Is that plan canned? I dont know how much longer he will care about Overload.
    How come lesser games (opinion) like Everspace be available on Xbox Store with playanywhere but not Overload?

As far as I know, the Xbox release is coming when the game is finished.

Matt has told us before on this forum that they will only consider Play Anywhere if it makes sense for the game they are making (as they see it).

Have faith in these guys though. This is the Parallax team after all. I think your son should wait until the the game is finished. That’s what a lot of people are doing, and I think it’s a very wise thing to do.

Prepare for Overload…

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant

We know all this 2cables. THE PC version exists, the Xbox version will exist.

Playanywhere covers both.

Its in Early Access.

So is Everspace.

So why cant this game, which is better, with the same exact criteria, be on playanywhere now or eventually as early access.

Why only Steam?

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

We know all this 2cables. THE PC version exists, the Xbox version will exist.

Ok, but you asked if the plan was canned. So, I’m telling you it hasn’t been. That’s all. If you knew that, then why did you ask? Y’know? That’s why I told you.

Playanywhere covers both.

Its in Early Access.

So is Everspace.

So why cant this game, which is better, with the same exact criteria, be on playanywhere now or eventually as early access.

Why only Steam?

Again, Matt said they will only do Play Anywhere if they feel it makes sense for their game. Perhaps they decided they will do it, but just don’t have enough time to do it right now. Or perhaps they decided that they would rather not and perhaps they feel they have good reasons for why not. I’m sure they will answer this when they have time though.

Prepare for Overload…

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant

Well just let us know, I just hope this does not turn into that Descent for Wii news from Decades ago that never happened 😀

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Well just let us know, I just hope this does not turn into that Descent for Wii news from Decades ago that never happened

Do you really think they might end up not releasing this on Xbox? Look who we’re talking about here. Why are you so cynical?

Prepare for Overload…

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant

Yes I do think they might not end up releasing this on anything but Steam. Thats Why I come here for any new news which seem only to be about the steam version lately.

Even Mikes’ post above made no mention of Xbox or PS.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Yes I do think they might not end up releasing this on anything but Steam. Thats Why I come here for any new news which seem only to be about the steam version lately.

Even Mikes’ post above made no mention of Xbox or PS.

Ok, I got you covered.

This page was redone VERY recently: https://playoverload.com/game/

One of the lines reads “Releasing on PS4, Xbox One, and PC/Mac/Linux”.

I am also asking Mike Kulas to give you the “official” word on the release for Xbox One and what their plans are for Play Anywhere.

Prepare for Overload…

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Revival is a *really* small team. We don’t get that impression because they’re so good at the development part of development.
    But I seriously doubt they have the resources to do porting work for two extra platforms every three weeks without delaying the final game for months or more. I’m pretty positive they don’t have the money to hire someone else to do that.

Steam is a very convenient platform for early access because it lets developers make updates to the game quicker than any other one, as far as I know. And that equates to significantly more time spent developing.
    Y’know, one of us should make a video showing off the stuff that’s changed in this version from Playable Teaser 2.0. And maybe do it again in July.

I think I detect an age-old tactic here. 😉

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

SiriusSirius
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 406

Xbox One does have an early access program (I’ve seen a few games on it, ARK being one of the most obvious examples), though I don’t know what goes into listing a game on it.

Since Overload is built on Unity the work required for porting is much less than it might otherwise be… it’s not zero work though. Don’t know how much or whether it significantly affects productivity for a small team.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: 0.4 Feedback Next Topic: Pick-up radius poll