The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development Future Of Overload, Son is loosing interest > ISSUE RESOLVED! SON LOVES IT!

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

But don’t we all love home depot? :spouts slogan snarkily:

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

ViciousFluidViciousFluid
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 60

Hi there! I am NOT a frequent gamer. I dont even own a console! I just simply LOVE 6dof games, and Overload is the spiritual successor to my all time greatest and favoritest game ever: Descent. I literally could give a rats $%^ about xbox, playstation, whatever. I don’t even really play on the computer much (till now, that is). So, you can count me out of your “online gamer” bias 🙂

If you already “know” how gamers are, and you expect responses that are unfriendly, then instead of posting on a forum full of gamers on a video game website, how bout you just send the Dev’s a message? or better yet, be nice to the community of folks who are testing, playing, and reporting on this wonderfully designed game? because I’m sure if I came on here complaining to gamers on a game forum about the game that they are gaming, they’d be a little defensive with me too. It’s natural.

These are general rules of thumb when mucking around on the internet, just FYI….

I mean no harm, though I can say with certainty that others on these forums are probably gonna get alot more heated, because they care. Even the gamers have poured HOURS AND HOURS of time into this project. So choose words carefully, and pick your battles.

otherwise, I do genuinely hope you and your son find some more enjoyment out of the EA (if you buy it) than the teaser. And I also sincerely hope one day you can five star Overload as a top notch game, because it is! It’s funny to me that you posted about your kid, it reminds me of my dad. He played Descent 1 back in the day, and introduced the game to me when I was only 5. I have played the same game for 20 straight years. TWENTY STRAIGHT YEARS….lol. I now have a son, and cannot wait till he is old enough to enjoy these things like his ol man!

There’s alot of love on these forums from people like myself who are INCREDIBLY pumped about this game. I’m sure the dev’s appreciate all forms of feedback, and it appears Mike has even replied to your concerns.

So hopefully, you can have some faith in this project. I mean jeez, look how active the forum has been in just the last few months! The game isn’t even remotely finished! 🙂

All signs point to awesome! so probably best to “let it ride” 8)

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 115

” I do genuinely hope you and your son find some more enjoyment out of the EA

We cant enjoy the EA, the makers of this game has made it exclusive to Steam. We dont use steam and never will.

Vicious, I could careless about your so called general rules of your thumbs.
    Please do not preach to me.

Meanwhile, lots of great games on the Xbox, all Overload is so far is a nitch game on Steam and a teaser.. probably eventually end up just like Descent Underground.

ViciousFluidViciousFluid
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 60

Mike has stated, and I can confirm, that yes, you can get DRM free versions of EA if you use the kickstarter “backer” deal, and i have proof, because . i play DRM free on my MAC laptop ^-^

this is coppied from an email straight from revival:

…………………………………….
    Hi ,

Hooray! New digital content is available for OVERLOAD – The Ultimate Six-Degree-of-Freedom Shooter.

Early Access DRM-Free Link Win 64 Version 0.4 (here, this one is probably what you want, right? problem solved!)

Early Access DRM-Free Link Win 32 Version 0.4

Early Access DRM-Free Link OSX Version 0.4

Early Access DRM-Free Link Linux Version 0.4

Click Here to log in and claim it!

Thanks,

Revival Productions
    ………………..

SO YES, you can play without steam! thats what he was trying to tell you before. And i know damn well that if you politely spoke to the dev’s they would love to help ensure that you became a kickstarter backer!

and hey man, i’m just tryin to point out an obvious point to the internet. But thats cool, no worries

and of course overload is a niche game xD most of us players have migrated from Descent forums and were long time lovers of the 6dof Genre. It is indeed a niche game, and i (like many) love it! I personally can’t stand consoles, but thats a PERSONAL opinion, not a statement about those who prefer it.

If you REALLY want to play EA, you CAN have DRM FREE. no really. you can.

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant

Im not a backer, nor ever will be, there is no way to get Overload without Steam.
    One cant just go and pay for the game with any credit card without steam. this is fact.

The game is not done yet, I believe thats why. No use arguing about it or preaching to me about it.

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

Im not a backer, nor ever will be, there is no way to get Overload without Steam.
    One cant just go and pay for the game with any credit card without steam. this is fact.

Mike already said you could: https://playoverload.com/forums/topic/future-of-overload-son-is-loosing-interest/page/2/#post-14076

If you choose not to follow up on that, then that’s you’re own choice, but it was offered to you.

Kickstarter Backer

Honestly dude, I understand where you’re coming from but what are you trying to accomplish like this?
    Is your only goal to offend the devs making this game and the community playing it?
    Cause I don’t see anything else happening in here. Mike tried to extend you an olive branch and you stuck him in the eye with it.
    He even gave you an email so you could work something out with him directly. That means he’s willing to work a special deal out with you if it’s what you want, and I’m sure that offer still stands. I’ve been in customer service myself and I know how giving out stuff like that works.

And if working out your problem with this product, with the guy in charge of that product, is not what you want; what is your actual goal here?

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant

There was and end to the discussion a while back, you gamers continue to shoot. Im done.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Just wait until they finish the game this Fall and then buy it DRM-free.

Prepare for Overload…

Kickstarter Backer

Pfft. Me bring it back up?
    Foggy, you’re the one who came back in here just so you could call me names. And somehow your names are supposed make me immature, but the pot’s calling the leopard black.
    You keep saying you don’t have to take this, but you keep coming back here anyway. This is the part where you can leave. Or you can stay, but it won’t make any difference at this point.
    So if you’re gonna refuse to take any of us seriously just so you can put yourself on a pedestal, we won’t do you that favour either.

Because all of us are at least mature enough to realize that if we can’t accomplish anything constructive by talking to somebody, the only thing left is to ignore them.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

Foghorn, all I have to say is I’m glad you and your son are enjoying ZubLevel Zero. I have not tried it myself since I’ve got more than enough 6Dof on my plate but I hear it’s really good. Hopefully when Overload is fully finished and available for X-box You will both have fun with it too 🙂

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant

Foghorn, all I have to say is I’m glad you and your son are enjoying ZubLevel Zero. I have not tried it myself since I’ve got more than enough 6Dof on my plate but I hear it’s really good. Hopefully when Overload is fully finished and available for X-box You will both have fun with it too 🙂

Thanks, “ZubLevel Zero” 😀 will have to do for now till Overload is done and hopefully appears on the Xbox. We bought the Xbox One specifically in hoped this game would be on it.
    I even built a new Ryzen system for video rendering and this game (Corsair 570x case, love the RGB lights!). Putting Steam on this masterpiece would be blasphemy!
    I was never a fan of the xbox, ps3, not a fanboy or desiple of anything really.

If this ever happens (xbox, playanywhre would be icing on the cake), I’m sure Overload will be game to play and Zublevel 0 will be history, much like Forsaken, and all the others which are good, but could never match Descent 1 and 2.

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

Putting Steam on this masterpiece would be blasphemy!

Good thing that Revival have committed to releasing Overload for PC with no Steam requirement then! 😀 I know that the full release will be available without Steam and I believe that the same is true of the Early Access releases that we’re all playing (but you already know that 😉 ). In any case, If you love Descent then I hope you eventually get your hands on Overload. As a lifelong Descent fan, my opinion is that Overload is even better.

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant

Putting Steam on this masterpiece would be blasphemy!

Good thing that Revival have committed to releasing Overload for PC with no Steam requirement then! 😀 I know that the full release will be available without Steam and I believe that the same is true of the Early Access releases that we’re all playing (but you already know that 😉 ). In any case, If you love Descent then I hope you eventually get your hands on Overload. As a lifelong Descent fan, my opinion is that Overload is even better.

Right! Maybe they are smart business people after all. Get some sales with Steam with the stable and popular gaming crowd and use that platform to test new features and get feedback.

Use that platform to help make a better final product. Then start selling it to other markets. Clever.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

As Revival Productions has told us many times, the only reason why Overload is Early Access now is they need all the help they can get with testing and perfecting Challenge Mode because it’s very new to them. Challenge Mode was never going to be in Overload, and as such this game would actually have been finished and fully released at around this past March as they had originally estimated. You’d have it on Xbox One fully released if it weren’t for Challenge Mode. You’d also have your DRM-free copy on your new computer.

I don’t know why you keep saying *IF* Overload will be on Xbox One. It has been pointed out to you numerous times now that Overload *WILL* be on Xbox One. It’s being developed for it right now. This is pretty much the original Parallax team, foghorn2. Do you honestly think they will fail us or let us down in any way? You talk about them as though they might not know what they’re doing, like some other independent game studio who shall remain nameless. It sometimes seems as though you only have a negative opinion of this team or as though you have absolutely no confidence in them, and I think the way you cut down this team is one of the main reasons why so many of us are offended and are taking a strong dislike to most of the things you say on here.

Prepare for Overload…

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: 0.4 Feedback Next Topic: Pick-up radius poll