The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development Future Of Overload, Son is loosing interest > ISSUE RESOLVED! SON LOVES IT!

RSS Feed
Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

Don’t forget this is also the team that made framerate dependent homing missiles that the community had to fix. 😉
    Also don’t forget that the last time Descent was supposed to come to consoles it ended up never happening. Yes I know that was Interplay’s fault and Revival had nothing to do with but it’s still the only precedent we have. I trust Revival because of the amazing work they have done so far, NOT because they were the founders of Parallax. I trust them to release the game for consoles because I’ve seen a video of Matt playing Overload on a PS4.

I also think it would be good to stop attacking someone who came here with legitimate concerns then got upset when the people here started insulting his son. Seriously, who’s not going to fight back after that?

DarkhorseDarkhorse
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 127

There’s legitimate concerns, and there’s being a knob. I think we ventured a long way toward the latter through this thread.

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to clear up the platforms for Overload as of right now.

Steam: in Early Access, available to public through Steam or BackerKit
    DRM-Free: in-development builds are now available to backers; you can become a backer here: https://overload.backerkit.com/
    XBox: Game Preview is highly selective and we have not been able to put in the time for it (optimization, TCRs, builds)
    PS4: there is no in-development avenue for Sony

Final launch will happen on all 4 platforms when Overload is complete. If you have any questions or need help accessing Overload, please contact me at cschneider@revivalprod.com

Also, I wanted to make clear that forum posts should stay away from personal attacks. Development is a long process, and we completely understand people getting frustrated with timing and progress. The game industry doesn’t always have the best record on following through. For our part, we will continue to work on making Overload the best 6DOF we can and to support our backers/fans. Please remember, we are a small team and while things shouldn’t take a long time (updates, ports, testing, fixes), they usually do and it adds up.

Thanks for the support!

ShroudeyeShroudeye
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 84

Development is a long process, and we completely understand people getting frustrated with timing and progress.

I agree to that, quite the same thing for the field of architecture. Good luck.

ViciousFluidViciousFluid
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 60

I’m glad to see a shift in attitudes in this thread. We all love this game and what it has to offer the gaming community.

Thanks Dev’s for always being poignant and polite.

And Foggy (i like that), I hope you understand that I just wanted you to be able to play EA if you anf your son wanted it. I have no ill intentions towards y’all! If EA isn’t your bag, then I can’t wait for you to play the real deal on release. My apologies if I misunderstood that part of your input.

To ensure the scrutiny and well being of this post, here are some dancing kirbies:

<(‘.'<)(>’.’)>

Much love y’all!

ViciousFluidViciousFluid
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 60

Development is a long process, and we completely understand people getting frustrated with timing and progress.

I agree to that, quite the same thing for the field of architecture. Good luck.

seconded! good luck Dev’s!

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 115

OK, so here what I did. I somewhat gave in. Had a spare win 7 licence. Already had Windows 10 on a M.2 on the Ryzen system. Got a SATA Samsung EVO on a great deal a few weeks back @ Frys, did the win 7 >> win 10 upgrade trick on the Samsung SSD and we can dual boot now. So now we have a sacrilege boot ssd with Overload on Steam I purchased with a gift card.

The things we had to do to get this game, sheesh!

Amazing how the read deal here runs way better than the teaser. Were getting 140-200 FPS @ 3480 x 2160 everything maxed. (on a samsung UHD TV)
    Ryzen 1700 @ 3.7, 16G ram @ 3000 MHz, XFX RX 480 8GB OC

Sons enjoying the game as I type, he loves it. Mission accomplished.

Oh, and a big thanks to Yoshimitsu, your responses here were well taken and helpful.

Mike Kulas
    Overload Team
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 186

Glad to hear it, foghorn! Every next generation kid who plays a 6dof game makes me happy.

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 115

And when they are happy, I’m happy, Have a great fathers day!

The work you guys do is incredible and worth way more than what we pay for this game. Will look into Cathy’s links for the “backer”. I had thought that was done with. Looks like we can still contribute.

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

Yeah, you can still buy the game through Backerkit (as per the link in Cathy’s post) and get the Early Access builds as they come out without Steam, better yet you can still buy some of the higher level Kickstarter rewards if you wanted to! I’m seriously considering a boxed copy myself. I realized recently that when people here say “DRM-free” they mean “Non-Steam” and it might possibly cause confusion.

In any case, I’m glad you and your son are enjoying the game. They’ve been releasing new content very regularly too so more should be coming soon 🙂

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: 0.4 Feedback Next Topic: Pick-up radius poll