The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development Game Pauses on Minimize?

RSS Feed
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

So I don’t feel this is really a bug, but more like a question. I’ve noticed in all builds (PT, Aug, Nov, Pax, PT2) that the game essentially pauses whenever I minimize the game. The audio also stops playing while minimized. While this isn’t an actual problem per se, I would like to request maybe have an option somewhere (in the finished game) where we can select it to NOT pause the game or audio while minimized.

The reason I ask is that I stream on a semi regular basis, and I like to stream Overload. The issue is that I only have one monitor, so I tend to minimize the game I’m playing to check on the chat for the stream as well as stream stats (bit rate, etc). If the game pauses itself and the audio stops when I do minimize, it tends to make viewers think there is a problem and I have to periodically tell them nothing is wrong, that’s just how the game is.

Not a big deal or a high priority, just wondering if it might be like an easy thing. Thanks!

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer

Bump. Anyway this could be an option in the settings? I understand if not, but I thought I’d ask.

Mike Kulas
    Overload Team
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 186

Sorry, Darkwing, I’ll put this in the buglist now.

Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 88

DarkwingDiva,

I just added this. In Version 0.6 you’ll be able to run with “-runinbackground” to get what you want.

– Matt

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer

DarkwingDiva,

I just added this. In Version 0.6 you’ll be able to run with “-runinbackground” to get what you want.

– Matt

Thanks a bunch! I know it’s just a small request that maybe most won’t use, but it means a lot to those who will, especially streamers!

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Destroyed counts and XP Next Topic: The original Blades