The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Classic 6DOF Games Got some artwork

RSS Feed
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    the-argonain-guythe-argonain-guy
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 19

Howdy folks! I came around here and decided that I wanted to show around artwork that I had lying around for a while.

Some overload fan art up here

Unfortunately I’m too lazy to finish it.

The other two being other things that I have been working on, Such as the brass dragon fighter ship! :3
    Which was originally inspired by the pyro-gx from descent 1 and 2 in an attempt to make a D&D spelljammer and steampunk inspired version

And then I tried to redesign it, but unfortunately it ended looking like a steampunk D&D Spelljammer inspired version of the Kodachi gunship from overload instead.

So I’m still kinda working on tweaking the design a little bit more, this time taking more elements from version one of the brass dragon. version two will be used as the basis for a different spellship.

Now I wonder if anybody else has there own artwork. Submit here if you do! 😀

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

Nice artwork! That drawing of Caverns is very stylish, and I really like the Brass Dragon. Definitely looks like a concept drawing for Descent 3. I know you were aiming for Pyro GX but I also get a strong GL vibe from it.

I also have a couple of projects that I had posted a while ago in the Community Hijinks forum. I’m more of a crafts person than drawing but here you go 🙂

Handmade Pyro T-shirt (just for fun)

Descent inspired embroidered screen in progress

defconxdefconx
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 70

Very cool artwork. Organic pyro. Freaky. Awesome.

Participant

Thank you! 🙂 Drawing the caverns level was fun! It was originally drawn to help build up my perspective skills when making backgrounds which I normally have trouble at, but I think this one turn out okay! 🙂 I also wanted to draw the kodachi gunship cockpit, I think I might one day draw it again, but a better looking version, and then try to make a sprite version of it with gimp. I probably might do more drawings like this in the future.

I’m really glad you like the brass dragon spellship, I do have plans to refine the design a little bit more, once I come up with a near final design, I may or may not go ahead and design it’s cockpit which would take some inspiration from the pyroGX (descent), kodachi gunship (overload), and the the standard gunship (sub level zero) cockpit designs but with a more steampunk inspired aesthetic

Really cool looking crafts work there! 😀

Participant

I got something new! A coloured drawing of the Kodachi gunship!

I drew and coloured the overload player ship! Aka the Kodachi gunship, this vaguely bee like, blocky, clunky, and cubic marvel of a super beef’d up utility ship! I do gotta admit that I kinda did messed up on it’s top left missile launcher, and it’s left wing, plus it’s bottom missile launcher mount which I made too bulky and disproportioned and a little crooked, but this was a real challenge on my perspective drawing skills. Unfortunately it didn’t turned out as symmetrical looking as I would have liked, but theres always drawing it again next time.

flyingtiger
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

This looks awesome! It’s not often that we see the front of the ship besides the exit sequences. Look forward to more of your artwork 🙂

MiasmicMiasmic
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 59

Oh, here is where the FlyingTiger rests his wings. Looking forward to playing you in MP!

@the-argonian-guy, that is sweet! I always hoped I’d be able to draw one day. It’s never worked out lol.

TerminalTerminal
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 18

The ship is quite detailed and you can use perspective well. Nice highlights to top it off. Can’t resist the texture of physical media either.

Participant

Thanks! 🙂

ShroudeyeShroudeye
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 84

Hey, the Kodachi looks great, I liked your style! Nice artwork!

I want to draw one someday, after I settle down a few things here.

Participant

Hey, the Kodachi looks great, I liked your style! Nice artwork!

I want to draw one someday, after I settle down a few things here.

I can’t wait to see you’re drawing of one! 😀 Also thank you! ^^

Participant

I will eventually post more 6dof and overload, related or inspired stuff. I have been trying to work on a ref sheet of the kodaci gunship, but that won’t be ready anytime soon. I only finished one side of it, but got to lazy to work on the rest of it.

For now, if it’s okay, I want show my depiction of this Arena styled argonian I drew. For now.

Arena Argonian

Yes this is suppose to be an argonian from TES Arena! They use to look more human like back then.

Also this was my old avatar.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Build 0.9 Bugs Next Topic: Verdict on Skoll Outpost Cryo Room perma locked?