The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Playable Teaser March 2016 Bug Reports and Questions Graphics slowdown after continued fighting.

RSS Feed

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    IonIon
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 27

I got to 365 kills on challenge mode, and places I picked to keep my brawling at introduced significant slowdown over time. Pointing myself in the general direction of where most of the action took place cuts my framerate in half.

My guess is that fragments or artifacts are being left behind by even after the models themselves stop rendering. I’m not sure if it’s my system or the rendering code.

I’m using the harder challenge that was linked during the Twitch stream. Says “Build 4” in the corner.

punished blart on steam

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Yeah, https://playoverload.com/forums/topic/performance-drops-after-killing-50-100-bots-or-more-normal/

The two builds I tested are the absolute latest one with the new map for Challenge Mode, and the one just before that which still has the increased difficulty, no persistent debris at all, and improved headlights etc.

Prepare for Overload…

FineusFineus
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 112

Can confirm with the latest version on Steam currently, slowdown after a high number of kills.

Is it possible something isn’t ‘ending’ properly i.e. debris being kept track of, streams of enemy AI not ending when the AI is destroyed etc…

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Please don't do this to the powerups… Next Topic: Killing D2's Bandit (the thief bot) is actually very easy…