The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Classic 6DOF Games Guide bots in co-op

RSS Feed
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    defconxdefconx
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 70

Hey, I have a question. I used to play Descent over TCP/IP or whatever it was so that I could play a really fresh co-op mode. Loved it.

But I never actually did that with Descent II or Descent: Maximum.

What exactly happens when you release the guide-bot in a single player co-op? Was there a different colored guide bot for each player? Or did a single guide-bot know to fly between all the players when it said “Coming back to get you” ? Or what?

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

IIRC the guidebot wasn’t there.
    But I’ve mostly played co-op in addon missions for D2, it’s conceivable that some of them didn’t have one to begin with.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

defconxdefconx
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 70

LOL, you just blow up the door and it’s not there. Huh. Makes sense.

I figure most co-op parties larger than 1 pyro would be pretty effective, but sometimes you even want a guide bot. I bet you are right — there must have been some Descent II add ons without guide bots. But there must have been an option in the Counterstrike campaign. No wingnut at all?

SiriusSirius
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 406

In multiplayer games, Descent 2 just removes the guidebot, yeah. It doesn’t matter whether anyone is with you in it – though originally it wouldn’t let you start a multiplayer game without a second player joining in. D1X/D2X lifted that restriction.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: The Ultra-Minor Niggles and Complaints Thread Next Topic: Descent music in Overload style?