The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Playable Teaser March 2016 Bug Reports and Questions HELP NEEDED: Test the new joystick input system

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Entroper
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro here.

Everything works now, including the hat and both twist directions. 🙂

One thing I can’t do is map the throttle to forward and reverse, only one direction works. This is probably by design though, it’s likely reporting 0 as the bottom of the scale and not -1. I usually map F/R to buttons anyway.

Ferno
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

3dpro with Grendel’s converter. Works great. Slides are a little touchy (felt like my hat buttons wore out), but when they do work, it feels so smooth.

Luke Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 115

Ok, seems like the 3D Pro has discrete buttons on the hat (aka it’s true 8-way). Will have to think about how to handle that. Not this week though, sorry. At least it (and many others) is more functional than before, so it seems the change was worth it.

Ferno
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

Ok, seems like the 3D Pro has discrete buttons on the hat (aka it’s true 8-way). Will have to think about how to handle that. Not this week though, sorry. At least it (and many others) is more functional than before, so it seems the change was worth it.

Going off memory here (it’s been a while since i’ve opened mine), it has four buttons, and firmware mixing to show the diagonals.

LotharBot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 133

Ferno is right. Internally, the MS SW3DPro is 4 buttons in the hat. It also processes them differently if it’s in one-dot or two-dot mode.

1up1up
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 82

I am having the same problem (Button7 activates the menu) with my T16000m electronics and i cannot reassign/change this button. I am using only the electronics with selfmade hardware. In Build3 there was no issue with that J0 Button7 except that the Hat was not working correctly. Button 15 also pushed me into the menu but deleting all keyboard input fixed it.

ThrakaThraka
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 19

XBOX One controller works well except for rumble. I had to turn that off. It generally works but then you get sudden large rumbles for about 2-3 seconds for no reason. If I fire the lasers 5 times I feel the light rumble each salvo, after I stop I get that large rumble happening. I think the same thing was happening after I ran into walls and things. Small rumbles followed by a large one.

The other thing I would like in the controller are the “hold button down to turn on slide/rotate” features. I’m sure it will happen post playable demo. No rush on that.

grendelgrendel
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 21

The converter kicks the SW3DP into digital OVerDrive mode, the mode switch only has an effect in analog emulation mode. Any USB joystick I know uses 4 switches in the hat assembly but delivers 8 POV positions, this includes the converter since those values are already in the OverDrive data packet. This only matters if people use the POV switch for u/d/l/r sliding, if you use the keyboard you won’t be affected.

hypersonic
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 220

Deadzone none would be a nice option to have, some controllers have a built in deadzone and even slightly more isn’t necessary.

hypersonic
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 220

Out of curiosity what API(s) does Overload use to obtain input from various controllers? I know Raw input can handle any number of controllers simultaneously, and it has been mentioned that Overload can handle multiple joysticks.

ZantorZantor
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 4

I have a Cyborg Evo. I cannot bind certain hat directions or the left twist on the zR axis. everything else is working.

Platform:
    windows 7 pro 64-bit
    DX11
    Cyborg Evo with latest driver
    AMD cpu

urungusurungus
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 28

[Saw your previous post about discrete hat function…never mind] Does this new input method support 8-way hi hat movement? Currently the other four diagonal inputs are dead and if I get stuck in that position ship doesn’t move seemingly.

StatiCStatiC
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 89

I have a HOTAS setup with a CH Products FighterStick, CH Products Pro Throttle, and a CH Products Pro Pedals. The problem I have is that the throttle backward movement on the CH Pro Throttle is not detected on the CH Products Pro Throttle. The forward movement is detected properly and I can assign the forward movement to an axis. I just manually edited the ContolConfigData.txt and copied the config for the forward movement to the back and then set True to False on one setting which seems to tell the config if it is reversed or not or something.

I am using the latest OverloadMoreDiffiuclt2 from the kickstarter page that has the new level that was released over the last 24 hours of the kickstarter. The problem exists with the OverloadMoreDiffiuclt version too.

MOVE_FORE
    False
    False
    MOVE_BACK
    True
    False

It is odd that is the only axis not detected properly.

The only other problem I have is that the CH Products Pro Pedals Toe axis resting state (all the way back like a gas pedal) causes the menus to start cycling between selections once you play a game once. There are 3 axis on the CH Pro Pedals. 2 are tilt brake/gas type functions and the 3rd is a back and forth movement like skating. If I put both Toe tilt axis into what would be a centered position of total throw movement the menu selection issue stops. I guess it is because the at rest state is all the way to one side of the axis and the game sees that as input at some point as I rest my feet on them. The regular back and forth movement works properly on the 3rd control axis of the Pro Pedals as it’s resting state is centered.

The Toe brake/gas problem can be seen below in an unlisted youtube video.

urungusurungus
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 28

So, I bought the Saitek x52 Pro flight system. The only problem I’m having trouble with is reverse thrust. (well that and the 8-way hit hat previously mentioned) I don’t quite understand how to map it. Would it be possible to map in game a toggle for this?

For anyone interested in the x52, it’s sick!

juris3djuris3d
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

I also have that problem about hardcoded “Pause” on Button7. I usually play flying games with Joystick, but now I wanted to play around with mouse + “Left Hand Thingie” Nostromo SpeedPad n50. I can map all buttons and thumb-joystick fine, but button that is ergonoicaly for “back” now is “Pause” too.
    Can it be somehow “hacked” out from teaser release(s)? Thanks!

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: The sound the Blades makes is stuck in my head! Next Topic: I noticed the ship bobbing, and I love it!