The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development How am I just now hearing about Overload!?

RSS Feed

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Nightmare Nightmare 08 Jul 2018 @ 8:57pm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rayne
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Descent has always held a special place for me in gaming history since the days of Kali.net. There is no shooter comparable to the experience Descent provided. I am very happy to have found Overload.

As I am one of those people that will only pay for games with Linux clients, I can’t thank Revival enough for this gift to the gaming world!

Kryyss
    Kryyss
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 29

It seems like the developers didn’t do much in the way of marketing, fortunately there has been enough attention from Descent fans to spread the word but Revivial really needed to get some streamers and such on-board else it runs the risk of being little more than a diamond in the rough.

Haunted Parrasp
    Haunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Trouble is, really good marketing generally requires paying someone to do it and the team doesn’t have either the funds or the manpower for that. They really just have industry connections.
    I think what’s really needed is for the community to come up with some creative way to sell the game… So far we haven’t figured one out.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

Nightmare
    Nightmare
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Post and talk about it in other places you hang out is a basic things we can do. I would be willing to take part in another kick starter etc to fund a media push. I plan on adding content for the game on my site GameEdit.Net If you have a website related to gaming and post Overload info on it then let me me know and we can post reciprocal links to aid in page ranking and exposure.

I admit that I spray and pray… :/

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Kwin Plasma 5 Wayland Mouse Input Issues Next Topic: Overload.exe access violation crash