The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development How else to support Overload?

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    yencil
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 32

Hey guys,

As a huge fan, I’m wondering if there’s more ways to support Overload? I absolutely loved the November demo, and can’t wait to see what’s next = )

Here’s to a great new year of 6DOF!

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Tell everybody you know how wonderful it is and that you can’t actually show it to them but it’s wonderful.

Ok maybe not the second part.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Yeah, the only other thing we can do is advertise. Tell others that Overload exists. Show them this website, make sure they play the Teaser, show them that they can Pre-Order, etc.

Prepare for Overload…

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 115

Would love to preorder, been wanting too, but I cant without going though hoops if I want to use PayPal, so Im holding off till I can pay without the hoops or till its actually released to vendors for purchase.

Kickstarter Backer

But if you contributed enough to access the november demo you already own the game.
    In that case spreading the word is probably more helpful than buying yourself another copy.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

foghorn2 wasn’t a Backer during the Kickstarter and he hasn’t Pre-Ordered yet. I think you might be confusing him with Yencil, who started this thread.

Prepare for Overload…

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 122

Well, there is something much more cool than advertising. Hacked quality game will be of great interest )))

Kickstarter Backer

I don’t think that really counts as helping the devs though.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant

Yeah,I missed out on the Kickstarter. Heard about this way too late.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

I just saw that it doesn’t have to be via PayPal. That’s just an option for those who don’t want to pay with their Credit Card or Check Card. Go ahead and start a Pre-Order and you’ll see what I mean (you don’t have to enter a valid e-mail address. I tested this with ‘test@test.com’). It doesn’t ask you to use PayPal, it asks for your credit card information (and for me, that would be my Check Card information).

Even so, there’s nothing wrong with PayPal. I really don’t understand why you have to go through any hoops. I didn’t and I still don’t. Yeah sure, you have to set your account up, but once that’s done, it’s just a process of ‘click and pay’.

Prepare for Overload…

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant

Couple of coworkers in chat were talking about newer games and a I mentioned Descent and this game. They knew about descent but not this. I linked them to this site.

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant

2Cables,

I do want to use Paypal and not divulge my actual card, thats the issue. It says you have to email or start up some backer thingy.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Couple of coworkers in chat were talking about newer games and a I mentioned Descent and this game. They knew about descent but not this. I linked them to this site.

HAHAHA YEAH! Nicely done.

2Cables,

I do want to use Paypal and not divulge my actual card, thats the issue. It says you have to email or start up some backer thingy.

What’s the problem with that?

Prepare for Overload…

Kickstarter Backer

Backerkit is a little bit complicated but it looks like the only reason you’d have to enter your email is because that is your “username” on your kickstarter account if you made a pledge. So it allows the website to see what rewards you already have.
    If you didn’t pledge through kickstarter it looks like you don’t have to worry about that part.

The backerkit account won’t store your credit card information if you use paypal. That’s the whole point of it allowing you to use paypal. The account is only there to track how much you own if you add on another item later.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

It’s also there for Revival Productions to know you what you pre-ordered.

Prepare for Overload…

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Joystick physical modding – any ideas on who does this? Next Topic: No Sound Issue.