The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Multiplayer How to configure a LAN game

RSS Feed

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PyroJockey
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 63

I need some advice on running LAN games.

I have read the recent discussion between Do_Checkor and sfischer on LAN games. I have also read the article by Cathy Schneider on How to play a LAN match…, but I am still unable to have the clients connect to the dedicated server to either host or join a game.

I have been successful in launching the dedicated server process and host a game on the same machine.

I was successfully able to play a hosted game form the same machine when the player count was set to one.

I was not able to join (or see) a LAN game when the dedicated server is running on a different machine.

I was not able to host a LAN game from a machine when the dedicated serer was running on a different machine.

Both test machines are running Windows 7 64 bit and are on the same network.

I have disabled the Windows firewall on both machines.

I have created inbound rules in the firewall opening UDP ports 7000-8000 and port 8000.

What am I missing?

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow stuff up.

PyroJockey
    Kickstarter Backer

I was using the GOG install for my previous testing and thought I’d try the Steam installs, and that presented another set of problems.

After I execute the RunDedicatedServer.bat file, the Steam UI on the local machine shows Overload as Running.

When I try to launch the game via Steam, I receive a Steam – error “An error occurred while updating Overload (app running)”

On the remote client machine, the Steam UI also shows that Overload is running.

When I try to launch the game via Steam, I receive a “Welcome to In-Home Streaming” message “You are about to run this game on another computer and play it here using In-Home Streaming”

If I click “OK” nothing happens.

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow stuff up.

luponixluponix
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 24

this could have been exactly around the time where they released the new update yesterday

•[OOTS]•

Prepare for Multiplayer

PyroJockey
    Kickstarter Backer

this could have been exactly around the time where they released the new update yesterday

That may have been the case. The issues have seemed to self resolve. The build number is 1872. Will do some more testing this week.

Thanks.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Back Out of Automap with B Button? Next Topic: Optimizing with graphic settings for the animated fans