The discussion has moved over to Discord

RSS Feed
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    theboilingfrog
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

Here’s an easy one to fix:

I have two Joysticks with digital HAT Switches, and although Up, Down, Left, and Right work OK, the corners of the HAT (Up+Left, Up+Right, Down+Left, and Down+Right) don’t work. This is because my joystick sees those corners as separate buttons that need to be mapped, not a combination of the other two buttons.

Can we update the button mapping screen to allow discrete mapping of these corner buttons to up+left, etc?

natefp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 4

+1. This would be great!

Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 88

theboilingfrog:

What kind of stick do you have? Does Overload recognize it by name? (That is, in the controls remapping page, what name is shown for the stick?)

We’re actually forcing 8-way sticks to act like 4-way sticks, because for the corners we want two different actions (such as slide up & slide left) to both take effect.

My guess is that your stick isn’t being recognized so it doesn’t know what to do with the 8-way buttons. Let me know what stick it is and we’ll look into it. We may need to add something for sticks that the game doesn’t know about.

Thanks,

– Matt

Pilot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 23

Also +1 for this!

I’m using Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and I’m having the exact same issue with the 8-way hat. Can only move to 4 directions(left,right,up,down). Assigning macros to other directions make the movement jerky and its not an enjoyable experience as such. So would be nice if it would work by default. Not to mention allow to get higher on leaderboards.

Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team

Pilot,

When you go into the remapping screen, do you see the names of the controls for the Extreme 3D Pro or do you see generic names like “Button 0” and “Axis 1”?

Also, how long have you had this stick? We’re thinking that maybe Logitech updated the drivers and introduced some incompatibility.

Thanks,

– Matt

Pilot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 23

Ok, seems my complaint is no longer valid.

I bought this joystick just to play the playable teaser and at that time the hat didn’t work correctly so I had to add macros for other directions. Naturally I didn’t test if it had been fixed since then for this early access release. So yes, the stick is recognized and hat now works great when I disabled the macros!

Now that this was solved, luckily so easily for me atleast… Completely different issue is with my laptop with 4k display(Dell xps 15 9550), so the resolution is stuck on 4k and I’m unable to change the resolution, even if I change windows resolution to full hd before starting the game. But should make another issue of this one.

But thx for this!

Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team

Pilot: I’m glad it’s working for you. We’ll look into the 4K thing sometime soon.

– Matt

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Difference between Teaser 2.0 and Early Release? Next Topic: Bug Reports