The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Website and Forum Feedback "Kickstarter Backer" vs "Participant"?

RSS Feed
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PyroJockey
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 63

How does one acquire “Kickstarter Backer” status in the forums? I backed to the Beta access level and my status is only “Participant“.

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow stuff up.

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Come to think of it, that is a good question that I would like to know the answer to. 😛

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

StatiCStatiC
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 89

I at first thought maybe it was for those that had sneak peak forum access ($200 tier and above) but that is not it as I see someone else that is a participant that has access to it. Maybe that is a bug though and some don’t have the status and should?

I then thought it was just a ranking based on post count… That is not it either as someone else with only a few posts has Kickstarter Backer designation.

Maybe the website gave that status to those that joined the forum earlier than the kickstart end date or some other data span?

Maybe they just randomly do it to give people something to talk about while waiting for new info :).

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

I would lean towards those who backed the project before the kickstarter date ended, but I would be very interested to hear what the actual situation is. Also, if that is the case, will those who back it before release get a special tag too?

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

It comes down to me being slow matching up emails 😛 Since forums were started before we had any Kickstarter info, I have to manually go into each account and switch the status. The ones switched already were part of the Sneak Peek Forum since I was already tinkering. I will get to it soon (hopefully by the end of this week)! If you backed, but are on the forums under a different email, you’ll have to message me!

Sorry for the delay everyone!

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

Okay, I think I made it through the Kickstarter backers, but most likely have missed some, and others used a different address. If anyone still needs their role changed, please private message me the email address or name used for Kickstarter.

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

Thank you very much for the quick response and action! Just another reason why I’m impressed with the team’s work so far, I look forward to the future! 🙂

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Blackroom Next Topic: Thread 404'd