The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Other Games Kirby 64

RSS Feed

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Miasmic Miasmic 09 Aug 2017 @ 12:06am.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    CHILLYBUS
    CHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 173

You read that right — if you’ve got a few hours to kill and/or want to procrastinate doing work or cleaning your apartment or sleeping, pull up a chair and put up with my voice for a quickplay of this dank-ass classic

Also on deck are Rainbow Six: Siege (peep me at twitch.tv/chillybus sometime), Dying Light, and I keep promising myself I’ll pick up that new Titanfall patch once I’m sure I won’t marathon it for six hours at a time.

As a side project I’m slicing up a bunch of footage from a co-op Resident Evil 5 campaign — big set of 15 videos went up last week but that’s it for a while: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOjhHBV53PGTEP-8439PuiHVG3qTmjV-f

I’m also walking around with a New 2DSXL — playing my first Pokemon since Gold, learning the ropes in Monster Hunter Generations, and getting it handed to me in Smash 4 because the joystick is trash! Fun times.

bemosa
    bemosa
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 240

Arrrgh! The SNES version music still gives me ear worms. Thanks for nothing. *do de daa, da do be do be do*… darn it.

D2Disciple
    D2Disciple
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 81

Oh man, THIS GAME. There’s a multiplayer minigame on it (Checkerboard Chase) where you and three other players move around on an 8×8 square and use an attack to drop one line of blocks off the map for a short time. The goal, of course, is to cause your foes to fall off the map while not dying yourself.

When I was a teenager, a friend of mine owned this game and when someone said “let’s play Kirby” when a group was together, playing this minigame is what they meant. It became a veritable e-sport unto ourselves, and we would play it for literally hours at a time, keeping score over dozens of matches.

This memory is so burned in my brain that when someone says “Kirby,” this is what I immediately think of.

Cute, cuddly Kirby 64 kicks some serious hardcore, 4-to-a-couch multiplayer butt, lemme tell ya.

CHILLYBUS
    CHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer

Arrrgh! The SNES version music still gives me ear worms. Thanks for nothing. *do de daa, da do be do be do*… darn it.

Huge reason I play this every couple of years is for the soundtrack — so good!!

Oh man, THIS GAME. There’s a multiplayer minigame on it (Checkerboard Chase) where you and three other players move around on an 8×8 square and use an attack to drop one line of blocks off the map for a short time. The goal, of course, is to cause your foes to fall off the map while not dying yourself.

When I was a teenager, a friend of mine owned this game and when someone said “let’s play Kirby” when a group was together, playing this minigame is what they meant. It became a veritable e-sport unto ourselves, and we would play it for literally hours at a time, keeping score over dozens of matches.

This memory is so burned in my brain that when someone says “Kirby,” this is what I immediately think of.

Cute, cuddly Kirby 64 kicks some serious hardcore, 4-to-a-couch multiplayer butt, lemme tell ya.

Let me tell you about the time we wound up having an eight-person melee in my friend’s living room because checkerboard chase got too intense…

Man 2003 was a wild time lmao

D2Disciple
    D2Disciple
    Kickstarter Backer

Let me tell you about the time we wound up having an eight-person melee in my friend’s living room because checkerboard chase got too intense…

Man 2003 was a wild time lmao

Alright, that’s it, if I ever learn anything about game development, I’m just gonna make an online MP version of this minigame and release it for, like, a buck on Steam. Lol

CHILLYBUS
    CHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer

hahaha how hard can it be? Get a bunch of backgrounds and tile assets going, figure out some kind of multiplayer service, make a few particle effects, add in 4p controller support… you could cook this up in unreal 4 or unity pretty quick if you know what you’re doing — but the trouble is knowing what to do! lol

D2Disciple
    D2Disciple
    Kickstarter Backer

Hey Chilly, more Kirby 64 goodness landed in my subscription list this morning from the exceptionally talented and always entertaining Family Jules…

Family Jules – Aqua Star Cover

Also, if you find this at all enjoyable to listen to, make sure to check out his Zelda: Breath of the Wild and his Super Mario Galaxy medleys, which are both technically impressive and deeply musical metal pieces. Yeah, who knew Mario, Kirby, and Zelda would make for awesome power metal?

Miasmic
    Miasmic
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 59

@d2disciple, I haven’t had a profile on here (primarily using steam forums), but I had to create one just to thank you for sharing that! FamilyJules has a pretty awesome Spotify playlist!! I am always looking for new music and this is right up my alley.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Major performance drop with "reactor rumble" Next Topic: Drop 6 coming soon?