Home Forums Bug Reports for Full Game Leaderboard showing wrong name

RSS Feed

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PyroJockey 03 Jan 2019 @ 1:26pm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

PyroJockey
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 56

I noticed today that the leaderboard is not showing my gamertag, “PyroJockey”, as the pilots name.

The name displayed is a user ID I use for other accounts but never for Overload. Where is it getting this name from and how can I correct it?

I was using the GOG installed version 1.0 build 1872

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow stuff up.

Yoshimitsu
    Yoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 420

I don’t know anything about GoG but with the Steam version I believe that it shows your Steam profile name (which can be changed in Steam).

PyroJockey
    Kickstarter Backer

I don’t know anything about GoG but with the Steam version I believe that it shows your Steam profile name (which can be changed in Steam).

While that is my SteamID, it is not my player name in Steam, which is “PyroJockey”. I was not launching via Steam nor was Steam running at the time.

According to Steam support you cannot change your SteamID.

Your SteamID and Steam Account Name can not be changed, even by Steam Support staff members. Your player name can be changed at any time in your Steam Community settings, under “Edit my SteamID page”.

Having my SteamID displayed on the leaderboards is not acceptable. The leaderboards should display the pilot name as set in Overload (not Steam). This needs addressed.

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow stuff up.

Yoshimitsu
    Yoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 420

Ah, I must have my terminology wrong. It is my Steam Player name, not my Steam ID, which displays. In my case that is the same as my pilot.

PyroJockey
    Kickstarter Backer

The leaderboard for the Steam installation of Overload is displaying the proper player/pilot name. It’s the leaderboard for the GOG installation of Overload that is displaying my GOG account username instead of the player/pilot name.

PyroJockey
    Kickstarter Backer

Update:

I found a work-around for this issue. I requested GOG support to change my username on my account to that of my gemertag.

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003600414-How-do-I-change-my-username-?flash_digest=ce3dddd32e17949e1abc0f4a8d9883e3ef16b341

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Previous Topic: Optimizing with graphic settings for the animated fans Next Topic: No email notifications