The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Single Player Campaign Limit "combined" CM scores to Revival maps

RSS Feed
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DiamondWolf
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 57

With the coming of the level editor soon, I can already see (and admit that I would be one of these people) a person making a ridiculously easy CM map (however that would be done – I think I might even know a way by abusing magnetic accelerators), cloning that map to oblivion, and getting billions of points on the combined score, while not allowing to see the map. Since Revival maps are a) fair and b) available to everyone, these maps should be the only ones to count as far as combined scores go. Each individual map (user included) should still get its own leaderboard.

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

To the best of my knowledge, custom maps won’t get leaderboards at all so this won’t be a problem. I’m hoping that eventually the team will come up with a system for vetting custom maps and adding the best to the official lineup. Without leaderboards, players will have to compare scores in custom maps via screenshots since your personal best scores DO show on the map selection screen.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Timeline of Overload and Descent Next Topic: When you want full Descent Nostalgia with Overload